WP Engine Vs. Siteground Get to Know The Differences
Choosing a hosting provider is always tricky. There are many outside and several factors to consider, such as security, uptime, speed, customer support, etc. Looking for a hosting provider and choosing between two great hosts, WP Engine vs. Siteground, is not easy. However, both companies provide the best hosting services.
Here is the comparison of their features and other details:
WP Engine vs. Siteground– Performance
- WP Engine provides a combination of servers such that some are on PH5, 6, and 7. Regardless of their servers’ run, their performance is excellent. It offers high-quality and innovative features focusing on performance improvement.
- SiteGround also assures to give the latest technology to their customers and finally released PHP 7.3. The need for PHP’s latest release is crucial as there is plenty of improvement with security, speed, and efficiency. Precisely, PHP7 is faster than PHP 5 and 6 by three times.
WP Engine vs. SiteGround – Uptime
Uptime is about the time a web hosting company can keep servers online and assist the serving websites. If a server goes down, it means the client websites are idle, which is not good. It is because people depend on the websites WP Engine vs. SiteGround to generate leads and sales. Therefore, any downtime relates to lost revenue.
- WP Engine does the most impossible by offering a 99.9% uptime, attaining an almost perfect record. It is not some selling technique, as there are reports that the server space gives adequate service to its customers. A random test was done on 10 sites in different parts for 6 months as an average, and it showed 99.99%. Thus, it means almost 4.4 hours customer’s sites will probably have downtime in the six months of service.
- SiteGround also assures an uptime guarantee of 99.9%, and it is for all the plans. They also have a detection technology that alerts them of real-time availability and even of downtime. Thus, they instantly find a solution during downtimes. Their software is customized, and automatically it repairs the errors causing downtimes. A random test was done on 10 sites, SiteGround also came up with 99.99%. It means, same as WP Engine, the service level could be down in six months period for a little over four hours.
WP Engine vs. SiteGround –Speed Test
Website surfers in the past had a lot of patience and did not mind the slow loading sites. Now, there is no room for delayed work. As a result, fast loading is a common expectation. The site speed is a crucial consideration for WP Engine vs. SiteGround as Google checks the speed of web page delivery and ranks the pages.
- WP Engine has servers in Great Britain, the US, and Japan. Customers choosing this server may always keep their data on. The international network ensures stability and strong redundancies.
- SiteGround equally has fast-loading websites. They employ custom computation so that they cache items such as theme elements and images, repeatedly.
WP Engine vs. SiteGround- Server Quality
Several factors for WP Engine vs. SiteGround becomes the reason for the server response time, and it is taken into account while considering the website speed.
- WP Engine offers high-level technology as they feature enterprise-quality servers. They also offer good support as they feature system administrators of enterprise quality. Besides, the quality is the same whatever is your hosting package.
- WP Engine underwent a load time test to handle up to 100 visitors, and it recorded 278.4ms as average load time. WP Engine shows better load times. It offers max CDN as inbuilt and is WordPress customized. Per month $20 additional cost for max CDN, and it means paying $23.95 /month.
- SiteGround keeps the load less on their servers as per the industry standards. It is the way it offers plenty of space and power, besides long-term growth supports with temporary bandwidth spikes. They support open-source software and tutorials for server optimization for Joomla, Drupal, and vBulletin, the content management systems.
- SiteGround also went through this load test and recorded as 513.39ms as average. There were initial few spikes in the visitor numbers, and later it stabilized. With SiteGround plans, you get at $29 per month higher speed. Even here, purchasing max CDN allows achieving load speeds.
WP Engine vs. SiteGround -Ease of use
WP Engine vs. SiteGround, both interfaces are straightforward to use. They use control panels and custom dashboards together with extra-developed tools. Starting on both platforms is described as effortless.
- WP Engine is different with its dashboard and homepage. Though fundamentally it offers the same as SiteGround, visually, it is different. The dashboard has information, a welcome message, and a menu for tools in 3 columns. To the left are the features, to the right are the statistics, and in the middle are the notifications and tips to support new users.
- SiteGround is a horizontal menu bar allowing toggling between billing, services, websites, etc. the main dashboard has a welcome message, steps, and information on getting the website running. It is the navigation area helping to reach the main settings and creating a new website.
WP Engine vs. SiteGround- Customer Support
- WP Engine has a high reputation owing to its good customer support. It is because they focus only on WordPress CMS. They have not diverted their attention from CMS. They do not try to seek attention by spreading to Joomla, Drupal, and other products. It is because they are WordPress hosting experts and also know to troubleshoot. Their concentration on one is their strong point allowing them to offer immediate customer support, answer questions accurately. They are available through e-mail support, an online knowledge base, and toll-free telephone service. Clients can access their site’s chat box that is on each page.
- SiteGround also offers quality customer support that is easy to reach by chat, telephone, or follow a ticket system through e-mail. They are adept at customer support and handling security questions, redirects, database installs, and technical questions on open-source software relating programs.
WP Engine vs. SiteGround– Security
The customer service of WP Engine surpasses its customer expectations. The same goes with their security support as well. Their security systems feature script protection. Disk writes limitations. Disk writes protection and monitoring of disallowed plug-in. In addition, WP Engine vs. SiteGround backups are separate from the database and are stored on Amazon $3 platform as tarballs. Their secure handling and level of care reveal how they care for the security of their customer information.
- WP Engine also monitors the traffic on their platform concerning security. It identifies new attack types; checks request patterns from new locations to see if there is any indication of problematic activity. If they find anything suspicious, they block it automatically. They follow all the evolving rules and work to stop attacks.
- WP Engine offers firewall and server monitoring- WP Engine spots blocks and threats unwanted traffic, thereby keeping your site safe.
- Plugin management ensures careful auditing. It blocks the plugins causing security vulnerabilities or issues.
Additional security measures costs per year $300, including WAF( Web Application Firewall), OWASP protection from top-10 vulnerabilities, DDoS mitigation, Global Edge Security.
- SiteGround rolled out anti-bot AI recently to safeguard their customers from any force attacks from hackers. Their new system is a resounding success as it blocks attacks all across the SiteGround servers. It keeps monitoring the servers, analyzes the collecting data, and automatically takes action from malicious bots causing harm. It keeps a watch on repeated failed logins, blacklisted user agents, known weaknesses attacking different apps, different URLs with simultaneous connections, and so on.
- SiteGround features anti-bot AI is a champion offering security. It is impressive, does not sleep or take time to eat. It learns faster the new patterns than human. It works as a bodyguard offering the security umbrella to its customers at all times. Daily backups automatic and SSL certificates are given by default besides, SiteGround offers:
- Real-time monitoring system checking server health every 0.5 seconds.
- An anti-bot AI system blocks malicious activity and offers a self-learning process to keep your website safe.
- A (WAF) web application firewall is customized to safeguard websites from malicious and unwanted traffic, besides SiteGround keeps adding new rules, enhancing safety features.
WP Engine vs. SiteGround- Control Panel
- WP Engine control panel is plain and simple that anyone can manage with a little bit of technical knowledge. The simplicity of the control panel allows managing websites effortlessly. It is unique, so customers get to plan their website changes and test the changes. They have adapted techniques from professional webs developers such that it is available for clients every day.
WP Engine control panel custom-made is direct. It does require a web- technologist to handle the WordPress file structure or database. There are not many manipulations to test new themes and plug-ins without affecting your live website. WP Engine offers web developers a high-level function and is available to standard users.
- SiteGround uses cPanel shifting to a custom panel known as SiteTools. cPanel is suitable for aficionados looking for open-source platforms. They are the people who know the particular software packages, their outs and ins, well. This site’s tools are almost similar to the custom panel of WP Engine, featuring tools available from the main user interface in one click.
WP Engine vs. SiteGround- Pricing
- WP Engines plans startup is $22.50 a month. It includes 50B bandwidth, SSD storage 10GB for 25000 visitors, backups, staging and premium themes around 30+. However, along with the four packages, it has a bundle of options with plenty of features required for the cloud infrastructure. Staging is with the entire plans in association with team management features.
- SiteGround is cheaper, starting from $ 6.99 a month. The plan structure is simple as they feature shared and cloud options only. SiteGround features 10000 monthly visitor’s bandwidth, SSD storage 10GB, and daily backups.
Surprisingly, WP Engine vs. SiteGround, offers free SSLs, CDN, custom cashing, the cheapest plan with a one website limit, and SSD storage of 10GB. On the other hand, Siteground starts from the mid-range plan.
- Enterprise-level companies find WP Engine suitable, as it offers the required uptime and good website speed. WP Engine focuses on customer service and stable technology. WP Engine delivers page views of more than 71 million within a day effortlessly. Their customer satisfaction level is good, and there is nothing to complain about their overall performance lags.
- SiteGround also gives a good record of high performance, in the bulletin board worlds and the CMS open-source platform. They have load times as quality server response and control panel that is easy-to-use.
WP Engine vs. SiteGround -A quick-view of features
WP Engine features:
- Three staging environments in one click.
- GeoTargeting to create content location-specific.
- Built-In caching via Memcached and Varnish for high performance.
- Free content delivery CDN network and SSL certificates
- Access to more than 35 StudioPress Genesis Framework and child themes.
- Easy migration with automation migration plugin
- Connecting with Git for development and SFTP ( Secure File Transfer Protocol)
- Automated WordPress backups and updates
WP Engine offers a WooCommerce plugin as a dedicated pack featuring crucial tweaks (such as optimizing database queries), great to host a WooCommerce store.
- One-click site creation staging
- Automated installation of WordPress for new users
- Automatic WordPress updates and backups daily
- GIT integration and advanced tools for development
- Free WordPress site to transfer through SiteGround Migrator Plugin
- Unlimited email accounts for your domain
- Built-in caching and improvements in performance
- SSL and CDN certificates
- A firewall server to protect from WordPress common security vulnerabilities.
WP Engine vs. SiteGround – Final thoughts
There is the compilation of both hosting providers, WP Engine vs. Siteground. Going through the details will provide insight, and you can get a depth of the areas they cover. First, however, bear in mind these points:
- WP Engine is suitable for high traffic volumes and large sites. The GeoTargeting features and StudioPress themes are helpful for users wishing to keep the aspects of the site under one roof.
- SiteGround provides features of high-end every day at low prices to WordPress users. It has all that anyone would expect, server firewall, email hosting, and other features offering everything to create a professional and secure WordPress site.