Over the last few years, the gaming business has skyrocketed in popularity. The sector is predicted to grow to nearly $90 billion in revenue by 2020. With at least one gamer in 75% of American households, it’s evident that now is a wonderful time to start a gaming blog. Following are some of the top reasons for which you should start a successful gaming blog:
- The figure of total gamers in 2016 was 2.5 billion people. However, the figure of the people is expected to rise to three billion in 2023.
- Video gamers are between the age between 18 or higher.
- 52% of gamers are capable of playing games online on their smartphones
- In the year 2019, the gaming industry had generated around $151.9 Million.
These are few statistics that give you insights into how popular gaming is around the world. However, if you establish a blog for sharing news and updates regarding gaming with enthusiastic people, it will become popular in no time.
Your blog will provide you with a platform to share your passion for video games with others while also allowing you to establish a large community of like-minded gamers. If this sounds appealing, keep reading to learn everything you need to know about starting a video game blog in 2020 – and earning extra money doing something you love.
How to Make a Successful Gaming Blog?
Following, we have given a detailed guideline regarding how to make a successful gaming website. There are ten sections of this detailed guideline that help you establish a beneficial, meaningful, comprehensive, and reliable gaming blog.
The tips are here for preparation of the conceptual framework regarding the website:
Finding the Main Purpose of the Blog
You will face a hard time deciding on a certain topic or sort of material to produce. If you don’t have a clear understanding of the web site’s main purpose, it assists you in sharing relevant and meaningful content on the blog. On the other hand, if there is no useful content on the website, it becomes difficult to use or retrieve the relevant and the right content. Therefore, this is a critical initial step that you should consider carefully.
Following are few questions that you should ask for finding the main purpose of your website:
- Which path do you wish to take?
- For whom do you wish to write a blog?
- What is the primary goal of your website?
- What would be the main theme of your content?
- Do you wish to produce the news regarding daily gaming sessions or not?
Try not to produce the answers to these questions in a few moments. Instead, give yourself some time, think about all the questions in great detail, and answer the questions. Thus, you will find the main purpose of the website.
Finding a Particular Game Niche for Your Blog
There are numerous gaming categories of gaming websites. The key is to avoid trying to focus on too many things at once. Although no one can cover everything, every new blogger can cover something. So, try to find something on the websites and write from the right perspectives.
If you truly want to stand out in the gaming industry, you must concentrate all of your efforts on a single topic. When there is a selected path, it becomes easier for bloggers to write in a particular way. So, you can try publishing game tips and tricks.
You can also present the evaluation of gaming hardware and selling products to fans. Also, focus solely on the gaming issue that interests you or that you’re most enthusiastic about. Following are some of the top game niches of the gaming:
- Game Reviews
- Gameplay Walkthroughs
- Game Development Topics
- Console Reviews
- Gaming News
- Esports News and Events
Try to use any one of these topics and find the particulars of game niches of your website.
You can always broaden your game niche later on. However, when you’re just getting started, focusing your efforts on a single topic or single game niche becomes critical. There are also multiple benefits of choosing a game niche as it helps you find the perfect audience.
Selection of the Blogging Platform
The blogging platform decides the overall feel, features, and advantages of your website. You are going to require a dependable blogging platform to get started. There are numerous free and paid choices available for you. We recommend you to consider WordPress.Com. It helps in bringing out the best in you with its additional features and fantastical themes.
WordPress.Com has themes that increase the overall functionality of your website to a greater extent. The improved efficiency and productivity of your website return greatly. Many beginner bloggers try to use their luck in gaming on the free platform.
Though it is partly true, the free platform does not offer many useful features. So, how would you make money when the website is not highly functional? So, try to use the services of the paid blogging platform and increase awareness regarding the plan.
WordPress is one of the most widely used self-hosted blogging platforms. It’s a fantastic alternative to free blogging services like the ones listed above.
You avail of easy one-click installation, quick updates, and a user interface that is basic enough for beginners to understand without a steep learning curve with WordPress. Some of the advantages of using premium WordPress are listed below:
- WordPress is a safe, dependable, and simple to use platform.
- The platform is adaptable and has a lot of customization options.
- With 50,000+ plugins, it’s simple to optimize your site and expand functionality.
- WordPress is SEO-friendly, and there are many more SEO tools to help you out.
- A large developer community and excellent technical support
- You can utilize various media files on your website, and it’s simple to do so.
Are you satisfied with choosing WordPress.Com as your main website? Then, you have made the right decision. WordPress offers fantastic solutions that help you in making instant money.
Deciding on Your Domain Name
The name of your website is called a domain name. It’s the internet address (or URL) that users will use to visit your website. This is the official virtual address of your website. So, try to use fascinating, inspirational, and aspirational words for choosing the domain name.
Though you can have a different domain name that isn’t the same as your blog identity, it’s best to use your blog name as your domain name to prevent confusing readers. Some users may stop visiting your website due to this weird reason.
Tips for Finding the Best Domain Name
- Select the “.Com” for the Blog: There are a few things that you should consider while choosing a domain name for your website. First of all, you should not give up the “.com” for your website. The internet has it for a reason. So why should you give it up? Instead, try to use it in the domain name.
- Choosing a Narrow Blog Name: Another thing to consider is to choose a narrow blog name. So, try to use a broad blog domain name to cut down all the limitations. For example, you should never choose a specific name for your webs such as Candy Crush Game or the GTA Reviews.
- Unique Words for Domain Name: Always try to be unique in choosing the material for your web name and domain name.
- Using the Two-Word Idea: You can use the Two-Word idea or a concept for coming up with the best domain name. So, keep the domain name that tells a story.
- Purchase the Domain Name: Also, never purchase the domain name. Always try to come up with the best domain name to impress the people.
Purchase the Web Hosting and Domain Name
Now, you should have made up your mind regarding the domain name and web hosting. You need to register your domain name and get web hosting now.
Web hosting refers to the physical location of your video game blog on the internet. Blog hosting providers offer services such as storing your blog files on their servers and ensuring that your website is always accessible to your followers.
For example, WordPress.Com is a useful website that offers affordable and reliable services to people. Following are some of the most interesting features of the domain name and web hosting:
- WordPress is currently used by approximately 35% of all websites on the internet.
- The WordPress self-hosted platform is used by 22% of all newly registered domain names.
- WordPress has been the fastest-growing CMS for the past 8 years in a row.
- WordPress has over 50,000 plugins and 3,500 themes to choose from.
Has the information convinced you fully or not? The impressive statistics of WordPress are enough to convince you regarding the impressive plan of the marketing. Here is how you can buy the web hosting services of the WordPress.Com:
- First of all, you should go to the WordPress website.
- Then, it would help if you went to the hosting plan. There are many plans available. So, it would help if you tried to choose the Plus or Choice Plus to choose the perfect WordPress website plan.
- Type the domain now or create it later on.
- Give useful information about yourself.
- Now, the page will send you a query regarding the package information.
- The last step of the registration process is to confirm the terms and conditions. Then, finally, you should click it and submit it.
The Startup plan is the cheapest, costing $3.95 per month with my link versus $8.99 per month otherwise. This plan includes 50GB of webspace (enough space for your files), a free name for a year, and other common services such as a free SSL and a secure WordPress installation.
Choosing a WordPress Theme for the Gaming Blog
If you are wondering to choose the free WordPress theme, you should change your decision. Why are we asking you to change the decision? Try to go through the following disadvantages of the WordPress themes:
- Not easily adaptable
- There is no technical assistance available.
- Slow and not mobile-optimized
- It’s clumsy and prone to breakdowns.
- They may include malicious software.
It would help if you chose the premium website themes as they are equipped with lots of features. Following are some of the best features of the gaming blog:
- Design that is both responsive and mobile-friendly
- The theme offers an appearance and feel of a professional
- WordPress has templates that are simple to change
- Support that is both quick and knowledgeable
- Well-known manufacturer
- Users have given it high marks.
So, what will you choose? We recommend you to go with the paid themes of WordPress.Com. You will be able to customize the website with greater and more high-quality features. Some of the best WordPress themes include GodLike Game Theme, Thrive, Theme Builder, GameZone Theme, and Ludos Paradise.
Creation of Essential Logos and Pages
This platform will give you a free logo for your blog, and if you require high-resolution logo files, you may pay a little fee to gain access to those files as well as a few other items. So, work on it and create the most comprehensive gaming blog online.
Bottom Line: Start Blogging
Now, you are all set for blogging online. The gaming blogs should have all the features that have been described in this write-up. There are many topics from which to choose when it comes to creating content, but it can be difficult to know where to start. So, follow the above guideline for coming up with the best gaming blog.