It could be that you are seeking a web host that fits your growing site and business needs perfectly. You may want to compare SiteGround vs. DreamHost as they both are reputed web hosting providers. A comprehensive comparison will allow you to know more about the web hosting plan types and features offered by both companies. This will help ease your selection process.
You could have plans to develop your business site and launch it successfully. However, the type and size of your size are important, and so is the hosting platform where you plan to host your site. Hence, the platform selected should be a reliable one as well as is accessible all the time. SiteGround and DreamHost are popular web hosting providers and are worth the try.
SiteGround has its head office in Bulgaria. It presently powers 2+ million domains. On the other hand, DreamHost is a Los Angeles, US-based company providing hosting services to 1.5+ million domains across the globe. Both companies offer web hosting to professionals and newbies alike to develop their online business.
SiteGround vs DreamHost – Know the plans offered
Both offer a wide range of hosting plans and services.
- WordPress (WP) hosting
- Shared hosting
- Reseller hosting
- WooCommerce hosting
- Cloud Hosting
- WordPress hosting
- Shared hosting
- Cloud hosting
- WooCommerce hosting
- Dedicated server
- VPS (Virtual Private Server)
However, SiteGround does not offer dedicated server and VPS hosting services, unlike DreamHost. Both are considered to be commonly used or popularly availed hosting types. Again, DreamHost fails to provide reseller hosting services.
However, DreamHost offers annual and monthly hosting plans, unlike SiteGround that provides annual hosting plans only.
SiteGround vs DreamHost – Uptime
- SiteGround: Using GCP (Google Cloud Platform) for its operation, SiteGround assures all its clients of providing 99.9% annual network uptime. They also promise to compensate in the following ways if their uptime does not match their promises.
- For every one percent uptime that is lost below 99.00%, they will provide free hosting for one additional month.
- For 99.9% to 99.00% uptime, they will offer free hosting for a month.
- DreamHost assures its clients of providing a 100% uptime guarantee at all times. Their Terms of Service clearly mentions the following:
- DreamHost credit will be offered to customers, equal to their current hosting expenses for a day. This will be for the interruption caused in the service for every one hour or even a fraction thereof. The maximum will be 10 percent of the subsequent pre-paid renewal fee.
- Customers get compensation if their databases, website, FTP, email, webmail or SSH becomes unusable. This should, however, result from failure arising in the provider’s systems. The reason for the same could be other than what is mentioned in their scheduled maintenance, configuration or coding errors.
SiteGround boasts of having 99.98% average uptime and hence, has a better edge over its competitor DreamHost in this category. The latter has an average uptime of just 99.95%.
SiteGround vs DreamHost – Website Builder
- SiteGround: They offer ‘Weebly’, a beginner-friendly, commonly availed, drag & drop site builder. It helps with the quick creation of a functional site without the user requiring any technical skills. All hosting plans offer this important tool for free.
- DreamHost: They provide ‘WP Website Builder’ for free for all WP sites. It features a quick start inspiration wizard, drag & drop editor, 200+ industry-specific starter websites, free professional templates, etc. It also includes on-page SEO tips and 100+ design blocks, thereby allowing you to develop search engine optimized content. You can also invest in a click-to-edit site builder tool named DreamHost Remixer. Using this tool, you can develop a professional site very quickly and easily. But to avail Remixer, it is essential to choose any of the available two plans, namely, Remixer All Access or Remixer Standard. Each plan comes with free domain registration for one year and mobile-optimized themes.
Remixer All-Access plan is offered with shared hosting plans for free. If you have already invested in a Dedicated, DreamPress, or VPS plan, you can buy this plan separately to enjoy its benefits. However, DreamPress Managed WP hosting does not support the website builder.
SiteGround vs DreamHost – Domain Name Registration
For one year from registration, you stand to gain a domain name registration for free. But this faculty is limited to just DreamPress managed WP and Shared hosting plans. Registration credit for a free domain name is offered with only annual hosting plans, like a 1 or 3-year plan. It should be used in the initial 3months after which it expires and will not be available for use.
No such credits are offered with any of the plans offered to new customers at SiteGround. For new domain registration, an extra amount must be paid, which is approximately $15.95 to $1.95 a year.
SiteGround vs DreamHost – Control Panel / Dashboard
- SiteGround: They have launched Site Tools to ensure easy site management. It is considered to be a mobile-friendly and site-specific control panel. Each site comes with separate site management tools, being grouped by themes. Using this tool, you can effortlessly switch between different sites through the drop-down menu. Its main menu has been aligned to the left while comprising of essential site navigation tools.
- DreamHost: Their panel is rather a custom-built interface developed to manage sites easily. Since it operates on separate servers, it does not consume web server resources. On the left is present a central-vertical menu, a support menu, a search-field box and an account information box.
SiteGround vs DreamHost – Security
- SiteGround: They offer ‘Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate’ for free along with all their hosting plans. This certificate is meant to safeguard your site from online frauds and threats. Also are offered advanced customized security solutions to tackle such threats. They are:
- Smart web app firewall WAF. It helps safeguard your websites from vulnerable breaches and hacks.
- Server health checks in real-time.
- Qualified and experienced system administration team monitors downtime and security issues 24/7.
- To prevent malicious traffic and unwanted online attacks, there has been introduced smart AI system.
- DreamHost: To ensure greater hosting account security, they allow using of MFA (Multifactor Authentication). They also provide SSL Certificates for free. Based on your selected hosting plan/account, you are provided with additional advanced security features.
- VPS: Auto software updates, .htaccess (Password Protection) and SSH (Secure Shell) Access.
- Shared: Auto daily WP site backup and free privacy protection.
- WordPress: Automatic backups, free privacy protection and auto WP updates.
- Dedicated: Full Root & SSH (Shell Access) and round-the-clock DDOS Protection.
SiteGround vs DreamHost – Migration Services
- SiteGround: If you own multiple WordPress websites and are interested to migrate them, then you can use the free WP Migrator plugin. This plug-in is offered in all WP hosting plans. In case, you have a non-WP-hosted website, then you are to invest in a professional website migration service. It costs around $30 a site.
- DreamHost: This provider allows WP site transfer to any of their accounts from the existing web host. For this, you can avail of their free auto migration plug-in. They also offer migration service, but at a price of around $99 a site. This will be essential to transfer all non-WP sites from within or to DreamHost accounts.
SiteGround vs DreamHost – Customer Support
- SiteGround: They have launched AI chatbot as well as manage a comprehensive knowledgebase. It features useful articles availing which you can get solutions to different hosting-related issues. Their dedicated customer support team is also easily accessible through:
- Helpdesk tickets
- Phone support
- Live Chat
There are times when you might experience issues that are beyond the free technical support scope. To solve such issues, you may pay some amount to avail of their additional support service.
- DreamHost: They offer prompt customer support through the given below platforms:
- Support Forums
- Live Chat
However, phone support is not offered by this provider. But they do offer their clients with callback request option to get assistance. Some hosting plans come with free callback features. For other plans, you will require to shelve out some money to derive this support feature. The cost involved will be around:
- For monthly 3 callbacks – $14.95 a month
- For one-time callback – $9.95
SiteGround vs DreamHost – Money-Back Guarantee
- SiteGround: In case, you are not interested to continue with their services, you can terminate your account easily whenever desired. Eligible hosting plans come with a money-back guarantee. It includes the following:
- Cloud hosting for 14 days
- Shared hosting for 30 days
The company will provide a refund on termination or cancellation of the entire package on their Reseller hosting plan. But after thirty days of account activation, this facility is not offered.
- DreamHost: Shared hosting plan that is purchased through a debit or credit card at DreamHost’s official website comes with a 97-day money-back guarantee. They provide thirty-day money-back assurance on their DreamPress managed WP hosting and VPS services.
SiteGround vs DreamHost – Site Response Time / Speed
The other important site performance metrics to consider besides uptime is site response time and site load time. Again, this is vital before registering with any web host to ensure greater satisfaction from their services.
- SiteGround: To enable blazing-fast site speed, they use SSD and GCP persistent storage. They also use state-of-the-art speed technologies. It includes ultrafast PHP, the latest PHP versions, custom PHP managing setup and QUIC protocol. All these features help enhance website loading speed. Besides this, they also offer speed-boosting solutions like:
- SG Optimizer plug-in exclusively for WP sites.
- Free Cloudflare CDN.
- NGINX-based, powerful, in-house caching solution referred to as ‘SuperCacher’.
- DreamHost: They offer fast SSD Storage to enhance site responsiveness. It is considered this storage to be 200% much faster when compared to traditional HDDs. Each hosting plans that they have on offer come with free Cloudflare CDN.
SiteGround vs DreamHost – WordPress Hosting
WordPress.Org is a popular website provider and strongly recommends both SiteGround and DreamHost for WP hosting. Both providers are among the only three WP hosting companies recommended by WordPress.org. This shows their dominance in the industry.
- SiteGround: They offer three levels of Managed WP hosting plans, namely:
- Startup: This plan allows the hosting of just a single site. It includes unmetered traffic and webspace of 10 GB.
- GrowBig: It includes webspace of 20 GB, unlimited website hosting, speed-boosting caching, on-demand backup copies, collaboration tools and staging.
- GoGeek: It includes all benefits offered with Startup as well as GrowBig plans. Also is provided a webspace of 40 GB, Ultrafast PHP for faster page loading, white-label clients including Priority support.
Their Managed WordPress hosting plans come with the following:
- Unlimited databases
- Unmetered traffic
- Free WP Migrator
- Free WP Installation
- Free SSL
- WP Auto updates
- Free email
- Free CDN
- Daily backup
- SSH and WP-CLI
- DreamHost: Three different types of WP hosting services is offered, namely:
- ‘Basic’ affordable hosting targeting beginners.
- ‘DreamPress’ managed hosting
- ‘VPS WP’ hosting is designed for those seeking greater resource controls.
DreamPress Managed WP hosting: This plan offers advanced features like the site staging tool, inbuilt caching, on-demand backups, and auto daily backups. Three different plans offered are:
- DreamPress Plus: Designed for monthly 1+ million visitors
- DreamPress Pro: Designed for monthly 300k+ visitors
- DreamPress: Designed for monthly 100k+ visitors
SiteGround vs DreamHost – Conclusion
When considering response time and uptime performance metrics, SiteGround is found to have the edge over DreamHost. However, it is important to remember that DreamHost provides 97-day money-back assurance combined with a 100 percent uptime guarantee at all times.
Moreover, SiteGround does not offer dedicated servers or VPS hosting. Again, DreamHost lacks technical phone support and reseller hosting.
With both having their own share of pros & cons, you need to select one that matches your site needs perfectly.
Choosing a hosting provider is always tricky. There are many outside and several factors to consider, such as security, uptime, speed, customer support, etc. Looking for a hosting provider and choosing between two great hosts, WP Engine vs. Siteground, is not easy. However, both companies provide the best hosting services.
Here is the comparison of their features and other details:
WP Engine vs. Siteground– Performance
- WP Engine provides a combination of servers such that some are on PH5, 6, and 7. Regardless of their servers’ run, their performance is excellent. It offers high-quality and innovative features focusing on performance improvement.
- SiteGround also assures to give the latest technology to their customers and finally released PHP 7.3. The need for PHP’s latest release is crucial as there is plenty of improvement with security, speed, and efficiency. Precisely, PHP7 is faster than PHP 5 and 6 by three times.
WP Engine vs. SiteGround – Uptime
Uptime is about the time a web hosting company can keep servers online and assist the serving websites. If a server goes down, it means the client websites are idle, which is not good. It is because people depend on the websites WP Engine vs. SiteGround to generate leads and sales. Therefore, any downtime relates to lost revenue.
- WP Engine does the most impossible by offering a 99.9% uptime, attaining an almost perfect record. It is not some selling technique, as there are reports that the server space gives adequate service to its customers. A random test was done on 10 sites in different parts for 6 months as an average, and it showed 99.99%. Thus, it means almost 4.4 hours customer’s sites will probably have downtime in the six months of service.
- SiteGround also assures an uptime guarantee of 99.9%, and it is for all the plans. They also have a detection technology that alerts them of real-time availability and even of downtime. Thus, they instantly find a solution during downtimes. Their software is customized, and automatically it repairs the errors causing downtimes. A random test was done on 10 sites, SiteGround also came up with 99.99%. It means, same as WP Engine, the service level could be down in six months period for a little over four hours.
WP Engine vs. SiteGround –Speed Test
Website surfers in the past had a lot of patience and did not mind the slow loading sites. Now, there is no room for delayed work. As a result, fast loading is a common expectation. The site speed is a crucial consideration for WP Engine vs. SiteGround as Google checks the speed of web page delivery and ranks the pages.
- WP Engine has servers in Great Britain, the US, and Japan. Customers choosing this server may always keep their data on. The international network ensures stability and strong redundancies.
- SiteGround equally has fast-loading websites. They employ custom computation so that they cache items such as theme elements and images, repeatedly.
WP Engine vs. SiteGround- Server Quality
Several factors for WP Engine vs. SiteGround becomes the reason for the server response time, and it is taken into account while considering the website speed.
- WP Engine offers high-level technology as they feature enterprise-quality servers. They also offer good support as they feature system administrators of enterprise quality. Besides, the quality is the same whatever is your hosting package.
- WP Engine underwent a load time test to handle up to 100 visitors, and it recorded 278.4ms as average load time. WP Engine shows better load times. It offers max CDN as inbuilt and is WordPress customized. Per month $20 additional cost for max CDN, and it means paying $23.95 /month.
- SiteGround keeps the load less on their servers as per the industry standards. It is the way it offers plenty of space and power, besides long-term growth supports with temporary bandwidth spikes. They support open-source software and tutorials for server optimization for Joomla, Drupal, and vBulletin, the content management systems.
- SiteGround also went through this load test and recorded as 513.39ms as average. There were initial few spikes in the visitor numbers, and later it stabilized. With SiteGround plans, you get at $29 per month higher speed. Even here, purchasing max CDN allows achieving load speeds.
WP Engine vs. SiteGround -Ease of use
WP Engine vs. SiteGround, both interfaces are straightforward to use. They use control panels and custom dashboards together with extra-developed tools. Starting on both platforms is described as effortless.
- WP Engine is different with its dashboard and homepage. Though fundamentally it offers the same as SiteGround, visually, it is different. The dashboard has information, a welcome message, and a menu for tools in 3 columns. To the left are the features, to the right are the statistics, and in the middle are the notifications and tips to support new users.
- SiteGround is a horizontal menu bar allowing toggling between billing, services, websites, etc. the main dashboard has a welcome message, steps, and information on getting the website running. It is the navigation area helping to reach the main settings and creating a new website.
WP Engine vs. SiteGround- Customer Support
- WP Engine has a high reputation owing to its good customer support. It is because they focus only on WordPress CMS. They have not diverted their attention from CMS. They do not try to seek attention by spreading to Joomla, Drupal, and other products. It is because they are WordPress hosting experts and also know to troubleshoot. Their concentration on one is their strong point allowing them to offer immediate customer support, answer questions accurately. They are available through e-mail support, an online knowledge base, and toll-free telephone service. Clients can access their site’s chat box that is on each page.
- SiteGround also offers quality customer support that is easy to reach by chat, telephone, or follow a ticket system through e-mail. They are adept at customer support and handling security questions, redirects, database installs, and technical questions on open-source software relating programs.
WP Engine vs. SiteGround– Security
The customer service of WP Engine surpasses its customer expectations. The same goes with their security support as well. Their security systems feature script protection. Disk writes limitations. Disk writes protection and monitoring of disallowed plug-in. In addition, WP Engine vs. SiteGround backups are separate from the database and are stored on Amazon $3 platform as tarballs. Their secure handling and level of care reveal how they care for the security of their customer information.
- WP Engine also monitors the traffic on their platform concerning security. It identifies new attack types; checks request patterns from new locations to see if there is any indication of problematic activity. If they find anything suspicious, they block it automatically. They follow all the evolving rules and work to stop attacks.
- WP Engine offers firewall and server monitoring- WP Engine spots blocks and threats unwanted traffic, thereby keeping your site safe.
- Plugin management ensures careful auditing. It blocks the plugins causing security vulnerabilities or issues.
Additional security measures costs per year $300, including WAF( Web Application Firewall), OWASP protection from top-10 vulnerabilities, DDoS mitigation, Global Edge Security.
- SiteGround rolled out anti-bot AI recently to safeguard their customers from any force attacks from hackers. Their new system is a resounding success as it blocks attacks all across the SiteGround servers. It keeps monitoring the servers, analyzes the collecting data, and automatically takes action from malicious bots causing harm. It keeps a watch on repeated failed logins, blacklisted user agents, known weaknesses attacking different apps, different URLs with simultaneous connections, and so on.
- SiteGround features anti-bot AI is a champion offering security. It is impressive, does not sleep or take time to eat. It learns faster the new patterns than human. It works as a bodyguard offering the security umbrella to its customers at all times. Daily backups automatic and SSL certificates are given by default besides, SiteGround offers:
- Real-time monitoring system checking server health every 0.5 seconds.
- An anti-bot AI system blocks malicious activity and offers a self-learning process to keep your website safe.
- A (WAF) web application firewall is customized to safeguard websites from malicious and unwanted traffic, besides SiteGround keeps adding new rules, enhancing safety features.
WP Engine vs. SiteGround- Control Panel
- WP Engine control panel is plain and simple that anyone can manage with a little bit of technical knowledge. The simplicity of the control panel allows managing websites effortlessly. It is unique, so customers get to plan their website changes and test the changes. They have adapted techniques from professional webs developers such that it is available for clients every day.
WP Engine control panel custom-made is direct. It does require a web- technologist to handle the WordPress file structure or database. There are not many manipulations to test new themes and plug-ins without affecting your live website. WP Engine offers web developers a high-level function and is available to standard users.
- SiteGround uses cPanel shifting to a custom panel known as SiteTools. cPanel is suitable for aficionados looking for open-source platforms. They are the people who know the particular software packages, their outs and ins, well. This site’s tools are almost similar to the custom panel of WP Engine, featuring tools available from the main user interface in one click.
WP Engine vs. SiteGround- Pricing
- WP Engines plans startup is $22.50 a month. It includes 50B bandwidth, SSD storage 10GB for 25000 visitors, backups, staging and premium themes around 30+. However, along with the four packages, it has a bundle of options with plenty of features required for the cloud infrastructure. Staging is with the entire plans in association with team management features.
- SiteGround is cheaper, starting from $ 6.99 a month. The plan structure is simple as they feature shared and cloud options only. SiteGround features 10000 monthly visitor’s bandwidth, SSD storage 10GB, and daily backups.
Surprisingly, WP Engine vs. SiteGround, offers free SSLs, CDN, custom cashing, the cheapest plan with a one website limit, and SSD storage of 10GB. On the other hand, Siteground starts from the mid-range plan.
- Enterprise-level companies find WP Engine suitable, as it offers the required uptime and good website speed. WP Engine focuses on customer service and stable technology. WP Engine delivers page views of more than 71 million within a day effortlessly. Their customer satisfaction level is good, and there is nothing to complain about their overall performance lags.
- SiteGround also gives a good record of high performance, in the bulletin board worlds and the CMS open-source platform. They have load times as quality server response and control panel that is easy-to-use.
WP Engine vs. SiteGround -A quick-view of features
WP Engine features:
- Three staging environments in one click.
- GeoTargeting to create content location-specific.
- Built-In caching via Memcached and Varnish for high performance.
- Free content delivery CDN network and SSL certificates
- Access to more than 35 StudioPress Genesis Framework and child themes.
- Easy migration with automation migration plugin
- Connecting with Git for development and SFTP ( Secure File Transfer Protocol)
- Automated WordPress backups and updates
WP Engine offers a WooCommerce plugin as a dedicated pack featuring crucial tweaks (such as optimizing database queries), great to host a WooCommerce store.
- One-click site creation staging
- Automated installation of WordPress for new users
- Automatic WordPress updates and backups daily
- GIT integration and advanced tools for development
- Free WordPress site to transfer through SiteGround Migrator Plugin
- Unlimited email accounts for your domain
- Built-in caching and improvements in performance
- SSL and CDN certificates
- A firewall server to protect from WordPress common security vulnerabilities.
WP Engine vs. SiteGround – Final thoughts
There is the compilation of both hosting providers, WP Engine vs. Siteground. Going through the details will provide insight, and you can get a depth of the areas they cover. First, however, bear in mind these points:
- WP Engine is suitable for high traffic volumes and large sites. The GeoTargeting features and StudioPress themes are helpful for users wishing to keep the aspects of the site under one roof.
- SiteGround provides features of high-end every day at low prices to WordPress users. It has all that anyone would expect, server firewall, email hosting, and other features offering everything to create a professional and secure WordPress site.
Selecting a web hosting service means considering many variables. Several features appeal to the general customer base, including storage, pricing, and a few more features such as server location and eCommerce, for businesses.
As per SiteGround reviews Reddit, SiteGround is one such web host that offers you to choose the data center from Chicago (United States), Singapore (Asia-Pacific), Milan, Amsterdam, Germany ( Europe), Sydney ( Australia), and London ( United Kingdom), to host your website. Now that the options to choose your data centers are available, with shared web hosting, you can go for:
- If your users are Asiabased, choose the Asia-pacific data center.
- If your concern relates to retention or data privacy laws, choose a European data center.
- By default, choose a US server.
SiteGround does well and offers excellent customer service, performance-enhancing tools, has decent hosting types, and is a quality web hosting service for small businesses and individuals.
Each hosting plan of SiteGround includes a high monthly price, but driving the cost down is the advantage. You can use annual sign-ups and introductory deals. SiteGround sets a new standard in the industry for high-performance WordPress hosting and shared hosting. They have tough competition from competitors, yet SiteGround is relatively better with its performance, speed, core hosting features, and security. If security and speed really matter to you, even if you have to pay a little more, keep going with SiteGround.
Web Hosting Plans
The StartUp plan is per month at $14.99 for a website, storage of 10 GB, 10,000 visitors monthly, daily data backups, SSL certificate, unlimited email, Cloudflare support, and managed WordPress.
The GrowBig plan is per month and begins at $24.99 as per the base plan. It includes everything in that tier, such as storage of 20GB, unlimited website support, network traffic a month up to 25,000 visits, site staging, and unlimited databases.
The GoGeek plan is per month and begins at $39.99. It is appropriate for large sites. It takes to the next level the GrowBig, such that it includes storage of 40GB, 100,000 visits, white-label support, priority support, and Git repository.
Note: SiteGround discounts for StartUp are $6.99 per month, GrowBig is $9.99 per month, and GoGeek is $14.99 per month, respectively, for signing up new annual plans.
SiteGround hosting plans are solid, according to SiteGround reviews Reddit. Additionally, there is the option to choose a Windows-based server offering Linux-based servers, as well.
Siteground’s hosting plans
- SiteGround does not have VPS hosting. It has only cloud hosting. The Linux-based platform draws resources from various servers. It is designed to auto-scale that your site does not go down.
- SiteGround’s Cloud hosting plans are from $80/month for storage of 40GB, RAM 4GB, and monthly data transfers of 5TB. The highest limit plan is $240/month for storage 120GB, RAM 10GB, and monthly data transfers of 5TB.
- Customizing your plan is possible. Adequate room for growth includes an SSL certificate for a year for free. There is a shared GoGeek and GrowBog package, featuring a cool collaborator that allows users to upload and develop content.
SiteGround does not have dedicated hosting. SiteGround offers WordPress hosting. It provides optimized WordPress hosting that ensures enhanced website security, staging, page caching, daily automated backups, and CMS automatic updates. There is free account transfer and one-click installation.
SiteGrounds startup with WordPress tier is $9.95/month for storage of 10GB, hosting one site only and 10,000 visitors monthly. GrowBig offers 20GB of storage, 25,000 monthly visitors, and unlimited WordPress site hosting for $14.95/month. All the plans feature monthly data transfers and unlimited visits. In addition, SiteGround offers useful tools in-house and numerous free themes.
SiteGround offers WordPress plugins to promote the experience of site creation. There is:
- WP Starter offering curated themes and regular features. You can choose what you need and launch your website instantly.
- WP Migrator helps to transfer data as the migration tool to your new site from the old.
SiteGround does not provide individual reseller hosting packages. However, the Cloud hosting and GoGeek subscribers give access to management tools with the white-label client option. Cloud also allows the users to create hosting packages as per their resources.
Setting a Website
Weebly is the website builder for SiteGround. Weebly allows making web pages without sacrificing time. With Weebly, it is simple to add images, text, and video.
SiteGround offers WordPress Starter, the CMS that features free plug-ins and themes. So you can get your website designed quickly for business or personal.
E-Commerce and SSL
SiteGround is an ideal option for people selling online products. First, however, there is a need for an SSL certificate. Fortunately, SiteGround offers a premium SSL certificate, Wildcard, to secure unlimited subdomains and top-level domains. The Wildcard is free, and as you sign for GoGeek or GrowBig packages, you receive it as a bonus feature for one year.
SiteGround offers plenty of security options. There is the SG Site scanner to alert you if your site is under attack. There are antispam tools, IP address blocklists, and hotlink protection. It scans on your homepage all the links to ensure it is secure and clean.
SiteGround provides Leech Protect, a feature allowing the administrators to prevent users from posting passwords publicly. SiteCheck is also a helpful tool. It is scanning tool software working automatically on your website, checking for malware on the site. It is good when it runs periodically, and SiteGround offers daily free backups to protect your data.
Many web hosts keep monitoring once in 15 minutes. On the other hand, real-time monitoring is the advantage of SiteGround. It is the reason that the issues are resolved immediately without any delay. The biggest plus point is that this real-time monitoring is with the server’s innovative technology that minimal downtime is assured.
SiteGround focuses on customer service and offers customer support through live chat, a ticket-based system, and 24/7 telephone support. SiteGround reviews Reddit says this hosting provider allows canceling within 30 days. SiteGround is remarkably good for giving useful, quick, and knowledgeable service to clients.
The live chat and telephone response of SiteGround is immediate, while the email response or reply takes 10 minutes. Users wishing to resolve on their own can do so as SiteGround provides knowledge-based articles in a great assortment with guides, tutorials, videos, and screenshots.
For Beginners, Beginner Businesses and Businesses
SiteGround is a hosting provider for beginners and small business newbies. Their features offer amazing support designed for sole proprietors, mid-level stores, and independent businesses that lack advanced web skills or a lot of design time.
SiteGround’s security features are suitable for any small business that is prone to website attacks. Moreover, there are no chances for such small businesses to invest in site scanners. Therefore, SiteGround is solid support for all the newbies and small businesses.
It is difficult even for a day to go without security as the breaches online are always in the news. Corporations, individuals, and government entities become victims. Thus, security is a concern for website owners.
SiteGround offers reliable security, yet keeping your site safe is in your hands, but a few of the security features helps in making them distinct.
- Proactive patches help all the clients if threats are emerging.
- Site isolation confirms your site has no negative impact, even when there is a security breach on your service on one of the sites. It works as a hosting firewall safeguarding your site from hackers.
- Clients benefit from a web application firewall, and it updates regularly, thereby protecting against security breaches.
- SiteGround runs malware and virus scans regularly on the sites, and it also sends reports about the results as a notification. Thus, you are never in dark about the things happening or taking place on your website. It is the most preferred web hosting service by users.
- All the servers support the HTTP/2 technology that is highly secure. SiteGround is at the forefront in security adapting to the latest technology.
SiteGround in 2019 responded to threats more than 3 times and ensured their client’s sites are safe. Statistically, they:
- Added livepatch 125 kernel modules
- Run each day their AI anti-bot solution
- Wrote 250 firewall new customized rules
- Stopped brute force attacks
- Mitigated 186 attacks on DDOS
- Stopped bad bot 160M request for client’s sites.
Response time and Performance
People commonly consider the uptime and response time to be the same. Actually, uptime refers to the time that you find the host available. The response time refers to the time taken to send a web page out by a server. SiteGround offers superb response times, the same as its bandwidth.
SiteGround reviews Reddit confirms SiteGround uses the latest technology for its server hardware. There is a transfer of the user accounts to new hardware that is updated from the old one. The new ones are the faster servers assuring speedy and flawless performance at all times.
SiteGround Web Hosting Advantages
- Nearest location ensuring better loading speed for site visitors featuring 194 CDN Network and 5 Worldwide Data servers. It is apparent as there are data servers in Singapore, Amsterdam, London, Chicago, and Iowa.
- Easy setup and free CDN Cloudfare, besides free SSL certificate.
- WordPress installation in just one-click
- Data server features fast connectivity, high redundancy, multi-layered security, and low latency.
- Using No 1- SG Optimizer Plugin, enjoy WordPress is the fastest.
- Website migration is smooth and for free.
- Health checks of the server are in real-time.
- 99.99% best uptime and fastest speed of the server.
- SSD storage featuring high redundancy and optimal seed.
- 24/7 customer support through live chat, ticket, and phone.
- The data center is available globally. You never worry about server speed.
- Smooth and free website migration.
- All types of web hosting to suit beginners and hosting enterprises.
- Ai anti-bot to keep away malicious traffic.
- Smart WAF safeguards your website from exploitation.
- SiteGround offers its clients free tutorials and ebooks about WordPress optimization, WordPress Security, WooCommerse ebook, WordPress tutorial, etc.
Backups of SiteGround
The critical features are the copies or backups for any hosting provider. Acquiring a 3rd party service is possible, but always having it with your server integrated is easier and more efficient. The best part is the SiteGrounds backup system:
- SiteGround backups are available within a few clicks.
- As the backup comes integrated there are no conflicts created by the overseas system.
- You enjoy the advantage of placing demand for backup is a dream comes true for people working on coding, pushing system, and plugin updates. Thus, they can assure the backup before beginning with such works.
- Individual handling of each site. It is enough for you to create a backup for any of the sites.
- The GoGeek and GrowBig plans offer to restore the backup and on-demand backup options. It comes at zero cost.
SiteGround website uptime for a hosting service is one of the crucial aspects. In case your site is down, customers or clients cannot find you. SiteGround reviews Reddit reveals that SiteGround is stable and does not go down. It offers a 99.99% uptime warranty, and this works as the added kick. There is never a compensation request as they always are with the goal uptime.
- Good uptime as per two-weeks testing
- Useful free services as inclusion
- Annual and monthly hosting plans
- Excellent customer service
- Good customer support by giving tutorials and ebook
- The system is easy to use and requires no extra skills
- Perfect incorporation of attributes
- Choose server place from Asia, USA, UK, and Australia
- With SiteGround, creating additional users is possible.
- Managing accessibility of various websites
- Free SSL certificate and infinite traffic
- Lacks VPS and dedicated hosting
- Renewal prices are steep
You may consider investing in a hosting provider to promote your business website. Although there are lots of hosting providers available, you may want to compare Flywheel vs. SiteGround. It will be worth doing some research on both the providers to ensure selecting the best one.
Flywheel Vs. SiteGround – An overview
Flywheel is a reputed brand. However, it offers only managed WP (WordPress) hosting services. SiteGround provides its clients with a wider range of hosting services to match their needs. You may think that focusing mainly on managed WP will be a great option. But it might not be the case.
Both hosts are found to take different approaches with regards to staging, collaboration, and security. In addition, SiteGround offers lots of add-ons, most of which are not desired. But being aware that your hosting provider offers just about everything required by your site boosts confidence. You can also benefit in the long term.
Flywheel Vs. SiteGround – Pricing Structure & Plans offered
Both are known to offer several standardized and customized plans to their clients desiring bespoke solutions.
Flywheel offers several packages, most of which target entry-level businesses, agencies, and freelancers. SiteGround also offers similar plans like the basic ‘Starter’ plan, the ‘GoGeek’ plan providing all essential features, and the ‘GrowBig’ plan to suit multi-site deployment. However, pricing between the two is not aligned. Hosting packages offered by SiteGround is quite affordable, thus attracting WP enthusiasts who seek budgeted plans.
Although Flywheel offers managed WP at a higher rate, you can derive enhanced resources. Every plan level ensures increased visitor limitations. Moreover, Flywheel is found to limit bandwidth, something not done by SiteGround.
The latter will limit you with their acceptable use policy instead of the fixed cap provided on transfer. It is tough to estimate bandwidth, especially if you are a WordPress beginner. Hence, the lack of a hard cap provides that additional breathing space.
When features offered are concerned, Flywheel’s offering is very much different. You can save a lot with SiteGround if you consider its plans and pricing structure.
Therefore, SiteGround is more favorable as it offers flexible plans with a great pricing structure. In addition, although some plans might come with limited disk space, its less-stringent bandwidth usage policy offers your site greater flexibility.
Flywheel Vs. SiteGround – Overall Performance
Speed is improved by optimizing Managed WP hosting. In addition, it is possible to reduce seconds from the site’s overall loading time by optimizing beyond the basics. The other factors that play an important role are data center location, CDNs, caching, and site loading time.
Both hosts offer caching features. Flywheel claims to have an independent auto caching feature named ‘FlyCache.’ For SiteGround caching activation, you are to install and activate its WP plugin.
Both providers provide CDNs (Content Delivery Network) integration features. Flywheel has come up with its CDN, referred to as ‘Fastly,’ integrating with FlyCache. On the other hand, SiteGround combines with Cloudflare. Both are found to offer excellent features, with Cloudflare enjoying its industry reputation. However, by providing some advanced, obscure features and full-page caching, Fastly edges its competitor easily in this segment.
Freewheel has managed to install 5 data centers across five countries, while SiteGround owns 5 data centers in 4 countries. The latter offers fairly generic information with regards to its data center. However, Flywheel offers rough locations, but without many details about who the owner is or the type of physical security arranged.
The next aspect to consider is the site uptime guarantee. Managed hosting customers are offered 99.9% uptime. For this, Flywheel uses Google Cloud. But SiteGround assures its clients of providing 99.99% uptime. Flywheel allows monthly downtime of approximately 43 minutes before the guarantee comes into action.
SiteGround is said to allow 5 minutes of downtime in a month or even less! The historical uptime of Flywheel is around 99.96% and 99.99%. SiteGround is found to be more confident when uptime assurance is concerned when compared to Flywheel.
Although Flywheel offers impressive CDN, SiteGround assures a better uptime experience. Hence, the latter emerges a winner in this category with its high uptime offered with managed WP plans. However, for the majority of business websites, Cloudflare is sufficient.
Flywheel Vs. SiteGround – Features
With Managed WP hosting services, using WordPress becomes easy and hassle-free. The key here is the behind-the-scenes features. The way how WP hosting is packaged is different for both providers.
Flywheel has designed a control panel and claims not to rely upon cPanel. Moreover, some interesting custom features are offered in its control panel, like collaborative tools considered unique to the host platform.
Even SiteGround offers collaborative tools. You can easily ship a site, and hence is recommended with its hosting plan. But with Flywheel’s feature, you cannot retain account management. For its base, they use cPanel. However, they are shifting customers presently to a completely new control panel referred to as SiteTools.
The approaches used by both are held valid. However, it is necessary to understand that if you like working with cPanel, you will miss it a lot. Moreover, they do not provide their customers the opportunity to retain cPanel after fully rolling out the SiteTools.
Another vital difference to note is the way how both providers offer staging environments. You can develop your site copy in this environment before incorporating necessary changes. This allows you to roll out easily and effortlessly the latest version. Also, your live site does not get impacted in any manner.
SiteGround is known to offer a limited staging environment. For instance, to use staging efficiently, you will require free disk space in a certain amount. They have also capped the number of operations to be carried out in a day.
The staging environment of Flywheel is found to be much more flexible than SiteGround, without involving checks or caps. You might have plenty of plenty trying to incorporate changes within the working week on client sites. If so, then Flywheel’s approach is found to create less friction.
This provider allows you to create wireframes, referred to as Blueprints. To incorporate large changes, websites can be cloned effortlessly. But you developers might be interested in using cPanel and performing those things they have been doing for a long time.
The next aspect to consider is Email hosting. Unfortunately, the flywheel does not support email hosting. Hence, if you desire that your domain has your business email linked with it, you will require another provider. Instead, you can rely on SiteGround’s email hosting services. They offer unlimited email account creation right from your domain.
The final feature to consider in this category is ‘Backups,’ which is essential to protect your valuable data. Flywheel is known to take daily snapshots of your data automatically. It also allows you to add your own as and when required. Daily snapshots are taken by Siteground also. However, their rolling limit is about 30 a site. But they also provide their clients with backups on demand. An additional fee is to be paid if you have availed of the cheapest managed WP package.
While SiteGround seems to have ditched cPanel, Flywheel provides a custom Control Panel. Hence, the right choice will be to avail the services of Flywheel since they have an upper edge over SiteGround in this category. Moreover, they have fewer limits while adopting ways to divide tasks amongst the team for smooth functioning. But they lack email hosting, an aspect that might compel you to switch on to SiteGround.
Flywheel Vs. SiteGround – Support
There are times when your site might experience technical issues. In such cases, you should be in a position to access prompt support from experienced and knowledgeable professionals. Otherwise, your site is likely to fail miserably to retain clients. Hence, support is considered to be the ultimate crucial aspect associated with hosting.
You may be provided with online help materials to tackle issues. They will be sufficient enough to deal with smaller issues. But what about major problems and during pressure times.
Flywheel provides an ebook library combined with some knowledge base in the form of articles covering each topic. You can get familiarized with its features by accessing its help area. However, it does not cover major issues that you need immediate resolutions too.
SiteGround claims to have a massive help system. It boasts of having 4,500+ articles that cover almost every question imagined about hosting problems and features. When compared to Flywheel, SiteGround has a broader service catalog. In addition, they cover major obscure problems.
Both Flywheel and SiteGround offer round-the-clock support for 365 days. Flywheel offers live chat and ticket-based support, but not over the phone. SiteGround provides ticket and live-chat support. They also offer phone support through local contact numbers, thereby minimizing long-distance calling fees.
Both hosts have great historical uptime figures. You can get access to Flywheel support even by registering as an anonymous visitor. Their team also provides prompt responses, which is less than a minute. But SiteGround does have a wait time which can be a bit frustrating at times.
They will view you as their registered user, can get access to your domains and account instantly. This will help save some precious time and not require you to provide vital information to pull up your record. Thus, solving complex problems becomes easy and quick with SiteGround.
Responses availed from both the provider is within acceptable limits. Moreover, their live attendants are knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful.
But SiteGround’s Phone Support feature tends to beat the Ticket/Chat service of Flywheel, thus making them a clear winner in this category. They have invested a lot in their customer support and assistance over time, and it shows through their services rendered.
So even if you are under pressure and need assistance in a hurry, you can look forwards to getting quick help from SiteGround officials.
Flywheel Vs. SiteGround – Security
The truth is all sites and blogs are vulnerable to exploits, viruses, and hacks. To ensure adequate protection, you need to check out the tools and safeguards that both providers offer.
You do not have to spend precious time trying to update WordPress, including its plugins. It is done automatically by both providers. However, the earlier plugin versions might have security holes, thus making your site vulnerable to unwanted elements. It is the responsibility of the host to ensure they provide their clients with secure servers.
Flywheel and SiteGround offer optional two-factor authentication (2FA) features. To log in, you will require inputting a security code that is automatically generated and a valid password.
Flywheel eliminates all malware present for free. This is valuable for those who are frequently plagued with hacking issues. SiteGround provides its clients with an annual plan for which there is an additional amount charged for malware cleanup.
They offer optional automatic updates. If you can wait until it is declared bug-free, you can skip the WP version. They screen for minor and major issues at the firewall level. New rules are introduced to avoid attacks since the WP community is prone to exploits.
With plugins, you can include things such as 2FA to your website. Thus, it offers enhanced site security, and you will be in a better position to know the functioning of your plugins. Generally, the host’s systems are closed off, thus providing you with greater control.
This means you can use your already paid plugins if you have some preference. On different sites, you can also mix different plugins.
Both offer excellent security allowing you to have peace of mind. But it is SiteGround that emerges as a winner in this category over Flywheel.
Flywheel Vs. SiteGround – Conclusion
So, which one is suitable for your business? Both providers offer top-notch managed WP hosting plans. Going through the above details can help you to understand the differences as to how WP hosting is packaged. Differences are also noticed in how each host tries to secure their clients’ sites.
Flywheel offers strong collaboration features while allowing you to have greater control over your site. The Flywheel can make sense if you rely on collaborative tools heavily to serve clients in large numbers and possess money. It helps bring your hosting, administration, development, and billing into one place.
However, to derive value for money, SiteGround can be a much better choice.
Are you planning to consider cloud hosting, then you must consider DigitalOcean vs. SiteGround. DigitalOcean is more into cloud hosting than SiteGround. Yet, the specialized option cannot be the best option at all times. Anyway, as both offer cloud hosting, read on here to know what makes one better over the other choice.
DigitalOcean vs. SiteGround- Introduction
DigitalOcean is a cloud hosting, New York City-based provider, helping developers in millions to test, build, scale, and manage websites and applications faster, regardless of their website size. It also deploys and installs WordPress, but there is a need for technical knowledge, though it is the cheapest and fastest cloud hosting service.
SiteGround is from Sofia, Bulgaria. They are known for their unmatched security and top speed, besides fast 24/7 expert support. It is the well-known and best hosting company featuring automatic upgrades, GIT version control, one-click staging CDN, and built-in WP caching.
DigitalOcean vs. SiteGround – pricing
DigitalOcean provides flexible packages with different storage, memory, SSD Disk, and VCPUS. The DigitalOcean packages are:
- 1GB Memory, SSD 25GB, transfer 1Tb, 1vCPU, and $5/month.
- 2GB Memory, SSD 50GB, transfer 2Tb, 1vCPU, and $20/month
- 4GB Memory, SSD 80GB, transfer 4Tb, 2vCPU, and $20/month
- 8GB Memory, SSD 160GB, transfer 5Tb, 4vCPU, and $40/month
- 16GB Memory, SSD 320GB, transfer 6Tb, 6vCPU, and $80/month
Pricing is the key factor to consider, and the pricing plan of the web hosts plays a vital role.
SiteGround offers three packages:
- Startup- Storage 10GB, 1 domain, monthly $3.95 -$9.95, and 10000 visitors are allowed a month.
- Grow Big- Storage 20GB, unlimited domains, visitors 25,000 a month, and pricing is $6.45 to $17.95.
- Go Geek- Storage 30GB, unlimited domains, visitors 100,000 a month, and pricing is $11.95 to $29.95.
DigitalOcean vs. SiteGround- Main Features
- DigitalOcean has its main features matching closely. It offers customizable virtual machines, flexible pay-as-you-go method, prices starting from $5 a month, auto-scaling, 13 data centers, dozens of droplets to pick from, besides first-time customers get up to $100 free credits and instant provisioning.
- SiteGround is not much behind DigitalOcean. It also offers main features like free SSL certificate, fully managed service, daily backups, money-back guarantee within 14 days, 6 data centers, free dedicated IP, advanced priority support, free migration of website, and multiple hosting types.
DigitalOcean vs. SiteGround -Ease of Use
DigitalOcean is contradictory when it comes to the ease of use of SiteGround. At DigitalOcean, you have to realize the service is not for beginners. The dashboard is different. To configure your server parts, you must rely on a command line and install the applications. Installing something like WordPress involves multiple steps, and it causes headaches for people who are not tech-savvy or are newbies.
SiteGround charges more and also give its focuses on the ease of use factor. This site is user-friendly. The cloud hosting charges are heavy, and they do all the work for you as they are fully managed services. It includes configuring and managing the server, besides the updates and security.
SiteGround is willing to migrate at no extra cost, and if you know shared hosting, you know that you can expect. Though it does not have the traditional cPanel, the dashboard allows you to manage things almost similar to cPanel.
DigitalOcean vs. SiteGround- Security
DigitalOcean has plenty to offer as security features, and there is a need to configure everything, including firewalls. It is a daunting task for an amateur or a newbie. It is also time-consuming as it is done manually. It means performing various updates.
It also implies an experienced system administrator can benefit from Digital Ocean’s flexibility and build a robust security system. However, doing so much is not less challenging for a newbie or a beginner. They do not provide DDoS protection, but you can buy it with WordPress plugins or with Cloudflare.
SiteGround offers the best monitoring and security as their standard. They have a team to keep track of the server and software vulnerabilities. In addition, they offer access to cPanel and provide DDoS protection for website security.
They prevent website attacks by writing enhancements and security patches. This cloud hosting service assures spam, malware, and hackers, besides offering a free SSL certificate.
DigitalOcean vs. SiteGround- Customer Support
Customer support is not given more focus by the cloud hosting providers. A majority of their clients are developers, and the web host believes they know to find their way around the servers. DigitalOcean offers customer support only through ticket support to its regular customers.
It means you cannot contact a tech agent if you need it in urgency. However, live support is available on paying for it separately. In addition, they have third-tier support for people spending a month $500 on hosting.
SiteGround has nothing to worry about giving customer support, and it does not ask for any extra amounts. It offers customer support 24/7, through live chat and tickets, no matter your hosting plan. It applies to all cloud hosting and also to other hosting services.
The agents here have a fair knowledge and are fast with their responses to the inquiries but lack the technical expertise of DigitalOcean agents.
DigitalOcean vs. SiteGround -Data Centers
It is crucial to know about the Datacenters of DigitalOcean vs. SiteGround. Without data centers, the website function and its performance is hard to measure or analyze. Experience and speed are important factors.
- DigitalOcean has in 4 continents the data centers, and it is in 8 locations such as 2 in the USA, 2 in Asia, 3 in Europe, and 1 in Canada.
- SiteGround has in 3 continents, data centers, and it is in 5 locations as 2 in Europe, 2 in the USA, and 1 in Asia.
The number of data centers with DigitalOcean is more, but SiteGround covers a lot of basic needs.
DigitalOcean vs. SiteGround – Key features
DigitalOcean has unmanaged web hosting. Its SSD space begins from 25GB for all the web hosting plans, and it offers four copies of weekly backups. The data transfer is from 1Tb for its hosting plans and includes compatible CloudFare, but does not give setup or website migration. The private domain name is included in manually configured plans.
SiteGround has managed web hosting. Its SSD space begins for cloud web hosting from 40GB and for other hosting plans up to 30GB. It offers seven off-site copies daily. The data transfer starts from 5Tb for its cloud hosting plans. It includes CloudFare CDN in all the plans, and it also provides free migration of websites. The private domain name system is also available in all the hosting plans.
DigitalOcean vs. SiteGround- Performance
One of the crucial aspects is load performance. First, it is to know the speed of a site. Second, it is a must to get the best performance. Therefore, there is a need to analyze the performance of web hosts, DigitalOcean vs. SiteGround, on the WordPress site. In the same continent or elsewhere, you must understand their performance. The two websites are prominent in web hosting, and they have:
- Affiliate Coupons, Yoast SEO, WP Rocket configuration without CDN and image lazy load, Convert Pro, ThirstyAffiliatesa, SocialShare, Astra Theme, etc.
The DigitalOcean does offer great performance, and there is a 15$ instance with the installation of EasyEngine and plugins, posts, and images. The performance was RAM of 2GB, 2 CPUs, and SSD 60GB. Adding the latest EasyEngine version with caching and WordPress is helpful.
The speed and usability allow fast checks of deployments and infrastructure, running testing, without the need for EC2 sets. It is ideal for development, fast, and a boon to the developer.
With GoGeek, SiteGround is also doing a good job. After creating and using the same themes and plugins, the result is that SiteGround performance looks good. By installing appropriate themes and plugins, you get good speeds. The test with LoadImpact offers a good response with an image.
WP rocket and SiteGround cache plugin keep the site speed and are excellent with performance even without CDN. The support is helpful, very best, and it is available within turnaround time. SiteGround goes over, and the call of duty should be above helping customers.
DigitalOcean vs. SiteGround- Complicated cPanel
DigitalOcean is certainly not for starters, newbies, or fresh beginners. The cPanel is complicated that building your website requires you to be good with programming languages. In addition, DigitalOcean requires setting up Droplet as your choice as with DigitalOcean servers.
It needs you to install cPanel to follow a guide involving a few code commands. It is a must for users to have some basic coding knowledge as it helps to install the execution file, registering the account, etc.
Moreover, there is a need to buy from a third party the right to use cPanel. If the users have no experience of coding, to develop a website, you must either hire a good developer or stay away from DigitalOcean. Look for suitable solutions that do not ask for more skills. The cPanel usability is relatively intuitive, learning curve and is not for beginners.
The cPanel of SiteGround is site tools. You must access it, visit websites, pick a preferred website, and select Site Tools. If not, you can use a direct link for the tools. In 2019 August, SiteGround got its new dashboard for custom hosting.
However, the new dashboard does not apply to hosting existing accounts, but the new users are sure to benefit from the experience of using the dashboard now. Thus, the existing and new customers can be comfortable with the new cPanel.
DigitalOcean vs. SiteGround – Plans offer
DigitalOcean is a new platform offering the latest and trendy plans such as:
- You can run newly launched apps on the web and mobile with smoothness.
- It offers reliably and quickly to host your website.
- Gaming development is fast and ensures nonstop entertainment.
- The video streaming hosting upgrade is an available service.
- It assists in running big data workloads and with more efficiency and speed.
- Cloud VPN access is fast, quick, and easy.
- Various solutions that on visiting the website you will find incredible plans.
SiteGround Plans are equally good, and they are for everyone to use with ease. Their plans offer:
- It manages your WordPress sites offering liberty.
- It is a fast and secure hosting service suitable for small and medium-sized businesses.
- It is auto-scalable for high-performing sites and are managed by cloud hosting.
- It is designed to promote business and to give high performance with optimization.
- Here are a few pros and cons of both web hosters which you should aware of.
DigitalOcean vs. SiteGround – Pros and Cons
DigitalOcean pros include fast setup, free static Ip address, high benchmark scores, SSD servers only, and the cons are tech-skills are a must to handle and are not suitable for beginners.
SiteGround pros include Optimized plans, better uptime guarantee, incredible customer support, free premium features, and the cons are no windows hosting, limited resources, and slow website migration.
DigitalOcean vs. SiteGround-Final verdict
DigitalOcean vs. SiteGround here offers a clear comparison. Users can conclude their choice as per the features, security, pricing, packages, and lot more factors. The choice is entirely dependent on what you want and is looking for your business or individual purpose. DigitalOcean is better in results, and there is no problem reported about load impact as they were from the same continent.
On SiteGround, you can vouch for security, and the email accounts lack flexibility. DigitalOcean offers flexibility in pricing and better performance, but the user must be skilled to handle the configurations.
Both services excel in function and performance, so there is a need for careful decisions while going through the details of the web hosts. It is a must to go through each point and factor before arriving at a decision. It is because both the web hosts are good and are doing well with their clients.
You must choose an ideal web host among DigitalOcean vs. SiteGround to ensure you enjoy a good performance and no downtimes.