You need to develop a highly functional and visually appealing site to generate web traffic and promote conversions. But there is more to it. To ensure efficient and smooth blog/site functioning, you need to select the very best hosting provider. Therefore, it would be best if you compared top providers like Namecheap vs. HostGator.
Then, check out their plans and prices. With so many providers offering a wide range of plans, choosing the right one can be an intimidating task. However, this is a crucial task you cannot avoid since selecting the best provider can help enhance your digital presence.
A well-established hosting provider will ensure minimum downtime and meet demanding web traffic, increasing overall site efficiency. They will also offer high-end security and excellent customer support.
Namecheap vs. HostGator – Which one offers better features and plans?
You need to consider two essential factors when selecting a web host provider, namely, high performance and low cost. Unfortunately, most first-timers are found to make the wrong choice by falling for aggressive marketing campaigns.
As a result, they end up getting inadequate plans to meet their site’s growing needs. This should be avoided by comparing different hosts thoroughly by taking certain parameters. Then choose the one that fits your site requirements perfectly. The two popular providers that you can consider for the selection are Namecheap and HostGator.
Namecheap vs. HostGator – An overview
Namecheap: It is considered to rule the domain registration area predominantly while providing its customers with reliable hosting services. They also offer a wide range of hosting plans to choose from. It includes VPS hosting, private email hosting, WP (WordPress) hosting, reseller hosting, and shared web hosting.
Shared hosting plans come with numerous exciting features as well as benefits. They also have integrated effortlessly with different productivity apps, SSL, site builders, and managed WP hosting tools. In addition, their servers are powerful enough to host multi-sites at a time.
Moreover, users are provided with limited period security through WhoisGuard privacy and free DNS service. They also allow flexible site management included within the package. Thus, selecting them carefully can improve your blog or site’s overall performance and functionality.
HostGator: This Houston-based hosting provider has been in the domain since 2002, offering dedicated shared hosting services. It boasts of hosting 9+ million domains since its launch, and this number seems to be increasing quite fast with time.
They provide their clients with a complete suite of VPS (virtual private server) plans and dedicated servers, including high-end cloud servers. They mainly offer shared hosting plans for Linux and Windows meant for medium and small-sized businesses. Besides this, they also provide dedicated server and cloud hosting plans.
This provider is best known for its high uptime, speed, low prices, user-friendly, and enhanced security features. In addition, unmetered bandwidth, introductory prices, lengthy money-back guarantee, and unmetered storage are a few benefits that their users can enjoy.
Namecheap vs. HostGator – Pros & Cons
- With every package, they offer additional benefits like flexible domain management, 1-year WhoisGuard privacy protection and free high-quality DNS.
- This provider boasts to possess the industry’s top cPanel control panel to ensure an organized and clutter-free interface. Users can manage their sites without any hassle.
- Large memory and high-quality servers ensure excellent uptime.
- They offer CloudLinux, considered to be a stable and reliable software platform.
- It starts at a very low price like $3.95 amount and hence, is counted among the cheapest web hosting services. Users are free to upgrade to a higher plan as desired at a later stage.
- Users who slowly get acquainted with this platform can avail numerous online video tutorials. It offers step-by-step procedures to complete tasks quickly and effortlessly.
- They offer an economical basic package, but with limited features. Customers most often tend to switch to a much better and higher value package to derive enhanced features.
- Chap support offered live online by the officials is the only type of customer support offered. Although issues tackled on time by the qualified team, it lacks the kind of efficiency offered generally through a hotline.
- Other popular hosting service providers are found to offer their clients with a thirty-day money-back guarantee. However, Namecheap is found to offer just fifteen-day money-back guarantee. Some might not find this offer satisfactory.
- WhoisGuard privacy is offered for a limited period of one year only after which users are charged some amount. This means in subsequent years, the cost only adds to the package, making it expensive.
- All plans offered by this provider can easily meet those site/blog owners who seek budget plans. Although not the lowest, their prices on most plans are quite affordable and within limits of the average small or medium companies. Even introductory offered prices are valuable since it is packed with exciting features and lots of benefits.
- Every package offered comes with a wide range of carefully selected hosting services. This hosting company offers different types of plans to meet the varying needs of their clients.
- They offer a cPanel control panel considered to help users to enjoy convenient website management. Even beginners can have full control over their websites without having to know the technical aspects. You can avail of their online video tutorials which is an additional benefit.
- This hosting provider claims to have a lengthy money-back guarantee on all its plans. The standard guarantee offered is the thirty-day assurance while the longer one is for 45 days.
- Add-on benefits are offered on almost every hosting plan offered by this provider. It includes website transfer, free domain transfer, HostGator website builder, MySQL transfer, Adwords credits and $100 in Bing.
- Users are provided with unmetered storage and bandwidth in all plans.
- Users can easily develop a great-looking and functional site using the inbuilt web design tools.
- Even Windows OS is supported.
- They offer efficient server monitoring, excellent customer support and instant setup. Thus, you don’t have to struggle to manage your site.
- Although they offer affordable introduction prices, their renewal prices are quite expensive.
- They tend to upsell their services much more to their users than required. Thus, users may have more additional features in their package than desired.
- Users are generally shifted to other server racks, but without being given any prior intimation especially during traffic spikes.
- They offer 24/7 support. However, their team is found to be not that efficient enough to manage user queries and issues.
Namecheap vs. HostGator – Speed
Generally, websites that fail to load within 3 seconds are categorized by Google as slow websites. Even users do not seem to be interested in waiting for such sites to open up. Instead, they move to other fast-opening sites to seek information. Good speed is crucial for the survival and popularity of any website.
Hence, it becomes to select a reputed host service provider who offers excellent speed at all times. In a test conducted, Namecheap was found to deliver an average speed of about 3.15 seconds. Its slowest was found to be around 71.71 seconds, while the fastest was approximately 2.09 seconds. Hence, Namecheap is found to experience inconsistent load times. However, caching headers and compression can help bring valuable improvements in its speed.
HostGator is much better regarding page speed, claiming to enjoy an average speed of about 2.82 seconds. Their best-recorded speed is 2.07 seconds, while the slowest one being 15.02 seconds. However, issues noticed in their data centers have resulted in increased page load times.
But still, their speed is much better when compared to other hosts. Hence, it can be safely stated that HostGator offers better speed than Namecheap.
Namecheap vs. HostGator – Price
Both offer affordable basic plans.
- Namecheap: You can get basic plans for just $3.24 a month. This provider offers four plans, namely, Business SSD, Ultimate, Professional and Value. If you seek the cheapest plan, then you should select the Value plan. However, its limited features compel some customers to switch over to a higher package.
- HostGator: Their plans start from $3.82 a month. They offer three different plans, namely, Business Plan, Baby and Hatchling. All plans are bundled with unmetered storage and bandwidth.
In short, Namecheap is more affordable when compared to HostGator. However, you will have to upgrade to a higher plan to derive enhanced features. Even the basic Hatchling plan of HostGator is combined with composite features along with web hosting services.
Namecheap vs. HostGator – Uptime
Better uptime means your website will always be online and be visible to potential customers. It will also have the opportunity to be found quickly and rank higher in the leading search results.
- Namecheap: Unfortunately, this provider does not fare well when considering average uptime. Its recorded average uptime was around 99.94%. The worst is cited to be 92.92% while the best is 100%. It also suffers from outage issues, thereby not reliable.
- HostGator: It is stated to enjoy the very best industry uptimes with the average being around 99.97%. The worst is cited at 97.5% and the best being 100%. Initially, it suffered from several outages. However, with time, it has managed to maintain a 100% uptime record.
Hence, HostGator is found to be more reliable when uptime record is considered when compared to Namecheap. Unfortunately, the latter also is plagued with several outages of late.
Namecheap vs. HostGator – Money Back
- Namecheap: They offer a very short duration. Its 15-day money-back guarantee is considered to be the industry’s lowest. 15 days is not sufficient for customers to determine if they are getting satisfactory results or not.
- HostGator: They offer a much longer money-back guarantee on their different plans. Industry-standard is considered to be for 30 days while they offer 45-day assurance.
Therefore, HostGator seems to have a clear edge over Namecheap in this category and hence, enjoys immense popularity.
Namecheap vs. HostGator – Support Response
Both claim to offer 24/7 live online customer support.
- Namecheap: They boast of having employed an efficient and well-trained support staff to attend to client issues. They respond to all queries very quickly. The average response time to resolve an issue is around d2.2 hours. The fastest recorded was 0.1 hours and the slowest being 6.0 hours.
- HostGator: They have a similar system in place. However, their customer support observed is found to be a bit poor and lacking in expertise. Their average response time was around 53.4hours, much slower when compared to other hosting providers in the domain. The slowest is 168.0 hours and the fastest being 3.0 hours.
Hence, when customer support is concerned, Namecheap seems to be much better and reliable. The only downside is that both providers offer only live chat sessions to resolve queries.
Namecheap vs. HostGator – Performance
Usually, host performance is ensured based on several parameters like customer support, uptimes and costs involved.
- Namecheap: Although reliable, they are less popular than HostGator as they have only 1,000,000+ domains.
- HostGator: This provider does claim to offer excellent page speed and higher uptime. However, customer support is a bit poor. But still, many consider them to be a reliable hosting provider. They have 8,000,000 domains.
HostGator lacks different customer support platforms. However, their users enjoy enhanced site performance when compared to those using Namecheap.
Namecheap vs. HostGator – Features
- HostGator: They offer unlimited email accounts, unlimited FTP accounts, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, etc. However, the features might vary based on the plan and hosting option selected. But users of all types of plans can enjoy unmetered storage and bandwidth.
HostGator does offer lots of features and hence, is much better than Namecheap. Even their basic plan has interesting features to meet the needs of the average user.
So, when comparing Namecheap vs. HostGator, the latter seems to be a wise selection made. It is quite efficient, cost-effective, and provides value worth the money.
You may be interested in comparing HostGator vs. InMotion and finding out which one will suit your business needs. They have been in the domain for quite a long time and offer value worth the money invested. First, however, you need to do thorough research to find out each company’s weaknesses, strengths and know which one will benefit your site.
HostGator vs InMotion – An Overview
- HostGator: It is among the fastest developing web hosts in the domain. Their reputation is mainly built on great service, fast servers and affordable pricing structure. Endurance International had acquired this company in 2021. Many site owners find this hosting provider to be quite appealing as they emphasize more on affordability and total value offered. The shared hosting plan offered by this company is quite popular among small businesses.
- InMotion: This is an independent and fast-growing hosting company based in Los Angeles, USA. It has managed to generate excellent press as well as won numerous awards for its top-notch hosting services. This company is known to offer specific products focusing on DIYers, Organizations and businesses. They prioritize customer support.
You have to find the most appropriate hosting provider that perfectly matches your desired expertise, resources, and priorities. Both providers have earned a name in the domain and can be relied upon for top-quality services.
HostGator vs InMotion – Pricing Structure
HostGator offers shared hosting plans while InMotion offers Business plans that you should check out and compare thoroughly. HostGator refers to shared hosting plan as ‘web hosting’ while InMotion considers has named it as ‘business class hosting.’ However, both products are very much the same.
Both also possess top-quality website builder products. HostGator boasts of having ‘Gator’ and InMotion with ‘Website Creator.’ Besides this, HostGator offers WP (WordPress) plans while InMotion offers Managed WP Hosting plans.
When each plan is compared in shared hosting, HostGator is a bit more affordable as they offer discounts. However, the hosting pricing structure is found to be notoriously complicated. Few things are to be taken into consideration to compare each feature.
HostGator offers more billing flexibility. They allow you to register for their services for just a month or 3 years based on your specific hosting needs. In the case of InMotion, you are to register for a minimum period of one year. But taking a 2-year plan provides you with some discounted rates.
Scanning through the comprehensive feature checklist is quite easy. They are designed to offer value as well as sell the plan. But you need to identify value and find out which provider and plan fit your goals and objectives perfectly. It also includes allowed websites (domains), disk space, and databases. This is because they are considered to be the primary aspects for which you will be paying.
HostGator’s Hatchling plan offers unlimited databases, but with one domain only. This plan can be useful if you desire to develop an event site. This way, you can have 2021.yourdomain.com, 2022.yourdomain.com, etc. On the other hand, the cheapest plan of InMotion allows two databases and two websites to be created. Therefore, your activity is limited to just two websites.
Baby & Business plans of HostGator provide unlimited databases and domains. However, both are capped by InMotion Hosting on its plans. The cheapest plan offered by InMotion is just $1 a month, and it allows developing two sites against one of HostGator.
When overall price structure is concerned, HostGator is found to be much affordable than InMotion. This is more so if you have plans to run numerous sites on your registered account. Some small sites might not require lots of attention or resources. However, they will require domains/databases. For this, you can choose HostGator. But for your main sites desiring attention and resources, you can select InMotion.
HostGator charges just one dollar a month when renewing your plan, and most common packages are quite cheaper than InMotion. But InMotion is found to be at par with that of HostGator if you run a single or couple of sites. They offer discounts.
HostGator vs InMotion – Performance
Your hosting account’s core function is to enable your potential audience to get quick access to your site. Therefore, several factors are accounted for concerning site loading time. Most of it tends to relate to how well your site is configured. However, the major factor to consider is your hosting account’s overall performance.
TTFB (Time To First Byte) is one metric in shared hosting considered for judging overall performance. It helps measure time right from when your site gets a request to the time it acknowledges it to return the data.
The results derived from both providers are quite close, and they are above average for shared hosts. Historically, InMotion enjoys consistent netter performance.
Uptime is the other aspect to consider when evaluating host performance. Both claim to offer 99.9% uptime. Thus, they assure consistent performance, and your site will not experience any significant downtime.
Endurance Group Intl. The event held in August 2013 has helped InMotion Hosting to have an edge in the domain. A large part of HostGator’s infrastructure migrated to Utah data center, Provo, in August 2013, thus resulting in SNAFU. A poor SNAFU is said to hurt all Endurance brands badly. For about three consecutive days, a few sites went down completely. Apart from the isolated incident, HostGator claims to achieve 99.99% uptime.
HostGator vs InMotion – Features
The key features to look into when comparing both providers are domains, storage and databases offered.
HostGator is found to emphasize some features, which in truth are not considered as features. InMotion states some marketing jargon or gets too technical without any context.
InMotion boasts of having a wide range of meaningful features when compared to HostGator. This hosting company supports a variety of programming languages, something not offered by HostGator. The latter seems not to have invested much in developing new features. But InMotion has been including new features, now and then, although super-technical.
When compared to HostGator, InMotion doesn’t regulate your website for resource usage. For example, you may possess a low-traffic site whose functionality uses databases to develop dynamic redirect. It may work fine at low-traffic levels but not at high traffic. HostGator is likely to lock it out but will be good on InMotion.
Both offer automated backups for free. However, HostGator charges some amount to restore while InMotion offers free restoration.
When compared to InMotion, HostGator offers plenty of cross-sells and feature integrations. It can be a good thing for some site owners but not for others. You can either opt for clean software installation before their addition or bundled products. This means your WP install may come preloaded with plugins and themes.
At all tiers, both offer unlimited email usage and integrate effortlessly with Google Apps.
When raw features are concerned, InMotion is more versatile and a better product than HostGator. But the latter is considered to be an excellent choice for those seeking basic, functional sites.
Hostgator vs InMotion – Customer Service
This is one aspect that is often overlooked when selecting an appropriate hosting company. But it is not that easy to factor in since some problems might crop up unexpectedly. Hence, you need to seek a provider who can offer prompt customer support through various platforms.
HostGator and InMotion offer solid support to all their customers irrespective of the plans selected. Checking and comparing their knowledge base gives a basic idea of their support services. You can do some research here and carry out DIY troubleshooting without professional assistance.
InMotion is found to update its knowledge base continuously when compared to HostGator. This is because it considers its knowledge base as an important support channel for its customers. Here, they consider a top to start the conversation with their clients to answer even those queries that are not related directly to hosting accounts.
With HostGator, you can install a WP plug-in. However, InMotion takes it a step further. Their piece tends to include time responses to client comments and screenshots. In many cases, it is found to offer more clarity when compared to the original piece.
The last few years have seen InMotion make significant investments in this particular area. Google has ranked them high as they provide lots of solutions to various technical issues aimed at non-InMotion customers.
Moreover, the team at InMotion seems to be interested and excited to provide solutions to software issues. Technically such issues are not their own. HostGator offers assistance to such issues. But it only points to the correct direction without any direct assistance. For example, you might have an issue with your WP install timing out while uploading media.
This problem is more to do with WordPress and not the hosting provider. Besides offering the right direction, InMotion also offered the right code to implement. On the other hand, HostGator will provide you with a DIY tutorial and not actual code. So although both offer assistance, it is InMotion that gains a clear edge in this department.
HostGator vs InMotion – Usability
Usability is crucial for customers allowing them to navigate and explore the different features provided effortlessly. However, it is tough to balance first-time users seeking super-easy information to helping regular users to make necessary changes.
Both use cPanel to run their backends, considered to be the industry standard and an open-source platform. However, first-timers can find it a bit challenging. Still, it is regarded to be a straightforward process to operate. In addition, you can come across lots of tutorials and documentation on the same.
Both hosting providers offer fairly clean designs. But InMotion seems to have fewer upsells and less clutter. They also provide a clean WP autoinstall feature. It is their software bundling and account management that they tend to differ.
You are provided with a login on registering with HostGator for your account/billing management. Then you are offered the direct login details for your cPanel host account. Hence, they are two sites meant for two distinct purposes.
InMotion provides easy access to Account Management Panel that serves as your billing area, hosting account frontend. It is also the place where you enter within the cPanel. It is claimed to be an easier setup. However, it has several upsells, and you may not come across certain specific information that advanced users seek.
During the last few years, InMotion has improved its backend significantly. For software such as Joomla, WordPress, etc., both offer simple QuickInstall functionality. Software bundling is one thing that HostGator seems to have changed.
When performing WP QuickInstall, HostGator’s theme-based marketplace software gets installed automatically with WordPress. Some might find it convenient, and others consider it annoying.
HostGator software is referred to as the ‘MOJO Marketplace. They can be easily uninstalled if not desired from the Plugins section.
However, it is InMotion that has an upper edge in the usability category. HostGator is known for its minimalism. However, the single account management of InMotion is quite convenient. It’s zero QuickInstall add-ons are another interesting feature to look into.
HostGator vs. InMotion – Other factors to consider
You need to take into consideration other factors to make the right choice when seeking hosting providers.
InMotion is an independent company, while HostGator is part of a public corporation. InMotion offers lots of WP event sponsorship, while HostGator is an established name in the domain. It has managed to win the press and several awards.
InMotion provides its clients with web designing services, something unrelated to their core hosting competency. But some first-time customers find it an interesting feature.
InMotion also offers more flexible and correct integrations. For example, you may desire to have complex apps installed on your site. But, by default, HostGator blocks them. Hence, getting it fixed will take some time and effort. But, InMotion offers direct access to your php.ini file while providing necessary support.
HostGator offers shared certificates while InMotion provides Comodo, integrated SSL certificates for free. With it, you use HTTPS for your site development.
Both provide WP hosting, dedicated servers, and virtual private servers.
HostGator vs. InMotion – Conclusion
Both are excellent choices and can be used actively for your sites. However, you should choose one based on your specific requirements. InMotion is suitable for 1-2 sites and flexible budget. HostGator can be a better fit for those who desire to operate several sites and focus on performance within the budget.
Fastcomet and HostGator are renowned names and famous web hosting brands that it is not easy to decide. Relatively, considering FastComet vs. HostGator, Fastcomet is new and unknown to many, but HostGator is the oldest and one of the biggest web hosting brands. Choosing a web host requires one to dedicate their time and to understand their features.
It is a must to compare both the US-based web host providers with their hosting plans, security, bandwidth, and lots more. They both are similar in offering the services, but there are a few differences. Comparing both the web hosting providers means checking their terms of features, pricing, performance, security, and customer support. In addition, there is a need to understand their hosting packages and to know if there are any hidden charges or other add-on prices. If not, are they truly budget-friendly, offering hosting providers?
Going through FastComet vs. HostGator alone will determine the right host.
FastComet vs. HostGator – Simple Introduction
FastComet emerged in 2008. It is a cloud hosting advanced platform offering 24×7- customer supports. It includes features such as unlimited bandwidth and disk space. It has 11 data center locations, and its features include free emails, free SSL, free domain name, uptime 99.9%, faster servers by 20 xs, and more.
HostGator emerged in 2002. It offers cheaper web hosting, and its best features include a free SSL certificate, free domains for 12 months, uptime for 99.9%, easy WordPress installs, money-back for 45-day, and more. It is a Houston-based company offering web hosting and has more than 2+ million websites.
FastComet vs. HostGator -Domain Name
FastComet offers Domain names free for a lifetime to its users. It is available until your web hosting account is active with them. FastComet is the reliable and fastest hosting provider. It is serving an excellent user experience to the users and is offering the best hosting services. Using SSD drives, they build super-fast, latest technology.
HostGator offers its users the Domain for 12 months, and they have to pay per month $13 from the consecutive year. HostGator is a renowned, old, and a trusted web hosting provider. It has been serving for a long period to its clients. It is prominent for its web servers and satisfactory services, serving its clients for a longer period. A website hosting on their servers takes a cakewalk, only a few minutes, and you can see you already are connected to the domain name. Therefore, you can get going with making your website. Thus, anytime you face problems of any type with service, then you are sure of getting assistance.
FastComet vs. HostGator – Pricing
FastComet plans of web hosting begin per month from $2.95, and it is the first plan as StartSmart Plan. Newcomers or budding bloggers who are having a tough time earning extra may find the StartSmart plan of FastComet impressive. Moreover, it is available at HostGator’s Hatchling plan for half the price. This plan allows hosting a website and offers disc space of 15GB.
HostGator has a basic plan, HostGator Hatchling plan costing per month $5.95. The Hatchling plan of HostGator offers the advantage for the users to enjoy unlimited disc space and unlimited website hosting.
FastComet vs. HostGator -Uptime
FastComet promises its users an uptime of 99.99% and ensures to take a few steps extra to keep up the promise of uptime. FastComet offers appreciable uptime, and so users are happy with this web host for its maximum uptime.
HostGator gives 99.93% uptime. Its uptime performance was tested based on the result of six months of testings. HostGator is one of the oldest and biggest web host providers. They are a bit setback with uptime features.
FastComet vs. Hostgator- Server
FastComet has its Data centers in Singapore, London, Chicago, Dallas, Tokyo, Amsterdam, and Frankfurt. FastComet is using the SSD advanced Storage.
HostGator has its Datacenters in Texas, Houston, Utah, and Provo. HostGator is working with the old technology and is now replacing it with new SSD storage in place of the old technology devices.
FastComet vs. HostGator- Server Security
FastComet gives a web application firewall and a free Malware tool to remove malware, thereby ensures hosted website’s security.
HostGator is safe by a paid add-on feature, a customized firewall. This feature saves client’s websites from DDoS attacks and offers malware protection. Thus, HostGator offers better server security relatively, but it requires the clients to pay extra dollars to enjoy the server’s security.
FastComet vs. HostGator- Load Time
FastComet offers a tough completion with load speed. It uses CDN caching and SSD drives. As these are additional features, it makes web hosting fast. FastComet offers over eight data centers and allows users to choose a data center close to their data center location. It means picking a nearby data center so that your website runs faster and the loading time is speedy. FastComet also provides RocketBooster as an extra package of FastCloud for the users to enjoy the website speed. However, though the uptime is good, the downtime is a bit longer than HostGator.
HostGator also offers good load speed. Yet with its millions of clients, it takes a few microseconds more than FastComet to load the website. This is because HostGator has servers only in the US. On the other hand, the downtime of HostGator is lesser than FastComet, and so the website speed is fast.
FastComet vs. HostGator- Customer Support
FastComet gives high importance to its customers, and it proves it by offering all the support options such as direct phone, live chat, and email. FastComet live chat response is not time-consuming; you get a response within few seconds. There is also a coupon that you can get from Fast Comet.
HostGator also offer live chat option, email, and direct phone support to its customers. However, the live chat option response takes around 5 to 10 minutes. The other customer support options are not different; they work in the same manner to ensure good customer support.
FastComet vs. HostGator – Account Suspension
FastComet offers excellent customer support and addresses all account-related issues. Yet, if you fail to renew the web hosting service or exceed the MYSQL available database, the web hosting will get suspended automatically. FastComet does not suspend any of your accounts without the proper information. It will share information about your hosting account through email. Checking your mail and contacting them will ensure you receive proper assistance.
HostGator, the oldest hosting service provider company, suspends the hosting accounts on reaching the 25% resource. In comparison to FastConnect, HostGator is highly responsive and perfectly manages the situation of account suspension.
FastComet vs. HostGator-Security
FastComet stays responsible for keeping its client’s websites secure. They offer DDoS protection and a free SSL certificate. FastComet with BitNinja secures its customer’s accounts, and it is by detecting suspicious behavior addresses. It implements WAF and on the server isolates each account through CloudLinux, thereby protects its client’s accounts from other accounts and external threats. FastComet data backups are on a daily and weekly system.
HostGator provides with all the hosting plans a free SSL certificate. In addition, it secures with DDoS protection its servers and gives anti-malware tool, SiteLock as an add-on paid. HostGator also offers weekly backups for free, though they secure your website’s data with automatic backups.
FastComet vs.HostGator- Renewal Price
FastComet gives the same rate even as the renewal price. It means there is no hike in price after the first signing up. FastComet offers the same price after 4 to 5 years also, and the same $3 per month can continue.
HostGator renewal price is not the same. However, it is different from the purchase price. The renewal pricing monthly is $7, and there is an extra $3 charged to access.
FastComet vs. HostGator- Extras & Bonuses
FastComet offers unlimited traffic and bandwidth, DN and SSD drives, loads of storage. It also provides data centers from 3 continents, free domain registration and no extras during renewal, good security features, quick setup, and more. FastComet registering and transferring of existing domains is not coming with any extra charges. The renewal is also free of cost.
The datacenters in Europe, Aisa, and NorthAmerica allow the users to get their content anywhere globally through Cloudflare CDN for free. The advantage is their weekly and daily backups that offer a money-back guarantee and data safekeeping.
HostGator gives a bonus Credit for $100 of Google Adwords. In addition, it offers 4500 website templates to use. Basekit Site Builder offers registration of domain names for free, web design, web hosting, and website builder tools at affordable prices.
There is customer satisfaction, a money-back guarantee of 45-day, and customer support round the clock. Its features are impressive, eco-conscious, and uptime is 99.9%. It is a suitable web hosting service for WordPress, Joomla, bloggers, and all related niches.
FastComet vs. HostGator -The Good and the Bad:
- FastComet provides free domain registration and free renewals and migration.
- FastComet has multiple data centers located in three continents – Europe, North America, and Asia. It offers the option of choosing the data center of choice, and these users can do as per their traffic coming from.
- It bundles with its plans Cloudflare CDN, regardless of your visitors, and you can trust your website to enjoy fast and lightning speed.
- The offers are affordable; the rates do not change throughout your subscription.
HostGator offers Windows Hosting options as Personal and Enterprise-Class plans. It uses the Windows OS and supports the ASP.NET website.
It offers affordable plans as per your budget and fulfills your need. In addition, it does not put caps on monthly traffic or storage, so users can enjoy unlimited bandwidth and disk space that any website has enough room for growth.
It assures a money-back guarantee and robust uptime that users get the uptime of 99.9% and a refund claim of 45 days.
FastComet offers uptime as a good service, yet the newly set websites have issues of downtime. Nevertheless, most users confirm that once the accounts are up, there is never any issue with the sites; it keeps running without any hindrance.
HostGator took a long time to support and respond over live chat. There are complaints about emails not getting a proper response or only mediocre solutions. The user’s emails are sent to the server rack such that the users find traffic spikes.
FastComet vs. HostGator- Final words
FastComet vs. HostGator, after going through both the hosting providers, anyone can come to know that they have good deals and they also are efficient with their services. Know their efficiency, and the only option is to use the website and understand its pros and cons.
The requirements are different for each website. So checking if a particular website can utilize the resources is a must. It can run with full potential or not is to clarify by using the website. Regarding the money-back policy, they do not hurt the blogger’s money from wasting. The user can use it for some time and, if not convinced, can opt for a money-back policy.
If the blogger is not happy or feels like disconnecting the hosting or finds the service is deteriorating, they can cancel the service without any hitch. They need not worry about the money; they adhere to the money-back assurance. This web hosting feature is wonderful helping before buying it.
FastComet and Hostgator are providers of web hosting. They are great, and the users can decide the best suit their needs. However, the features and plans of each web host are different, so choosing the right services as per the requirement is a must. There are several webbing hosts, and a few are for free. But do not opt for free hosting services; it is a waste of your time. Besides, you can see the business dream to have a website and run it will get destroyed. Thus, spending money to enjoy good services is a must, and it is of no worth trying to save for nothing.
You may go through the FastComet vs. Hostgator web hosting and decide for you.
Web hosting services are in thousands of numbers online. It is hard to find one without comparison. The comparison of BlueHost vs.HostGator Reddit has a lot of importance. Reddit is a social site, and its reviews assure high-quality information. The comparison is of two popular web servers offering details, saving the hassle and time of research.
Bluehost and HostGator both are popular web servers owned by Endurance International Group, the parent company. Choosing one of them boils to one point if you are a beginner or not. HostGator is an apt choice for starters as it offers fast support and is affordable.
On the other hand, Bluehost also makes a great choice if you have not started. However, both provide beginner-friendly services, yet going through the BlueHost vs. HostGator Reddit comparison helps arrive at a decision.
BlueHost vs. HostGator Reddit-Overview
BlueHost vs. HostGator Reddit offers an overview rating of the main features such as:
- BlueHost and HostGator incubation plan per month are $2.75.
- They both offer a free domain for a year and have a rating of 5 stars
- Bluehost provides ease of use, earning a rating of 5 stars. It offers easy email creation, WordPress automatic installation, cPanel, and automated backups. On the other hand, HostGator has a rating of 4 stars, and it also provides email creation, automatic installation of WordPress, cPanel, and free website migration.
- The BlueHost rating is 5-stars as per website speed. It gives built-in caching, PHP 7, NGINX +, and HTTP/2, while HostGator has a 4-stars rating offering PHP7, Apache, and HTTP/2.
- The Uptime is good with a 5-star rating for BlueHost vs. HostGator Reddit. The same is with the customer support with a 5-star offering live support, phone, ticket, and chat features.
- Hosting features have a 5-star rating for both host providers. They offer similar features such as unlimited email, free CDN, unlimited transfer and disk space, daily backups, SSD storage of high-performance, and free SSL.
- BlueHost vs. HostGator Reddit varies in the site migration such that BlueHost has a 4-star and HostGator with a 5-star rating. BlueHost offers a website transfer service for $149.99 cost, and HostGator offers a free site migration.
Choosing between Bluehost vs. HostGator should be a crucial decision as they are similar in most web features. One cannot find many differences between these web hosts, especially in particular areas such as support, pricing, WordPress installation, and uptime.
BlueHost vs. HostGator Reddit – Deep Review
Both the web hosting providers, Bluehost and HostGator, are suitable for beginners and have earned a good reputation. However, choosing is a tough decision as they offer similar features and prices in shared hosting plans. Yet the score says 97% for BlueHost and 93% for HostGator.
It means BlueHost is a bit ahead among these two companies, as per BlueHost vs. HostGator Reddit. However, as they have almost similar features, it is necessary to find out or take an in-depth to understand the comparison and the difference.
BlueHost vs. HostGator Reddit – Shared Hosting Plans
BlueHost and HostGator provide identical plans with shared web hosting. There is unlimited bandwidth and storage is claimed by these web hosts. Even the cPanel and dashboard show that it is at your disposal to use unlimited media. However, it gets suspended on using much storage, bandwidth, or server resources.
Getting clarity when you begin to plan is possible only if you understand what you will get and when to upgrade. Here are the plans.
- Basic – It is affordable at per month $2.95 and gives all that you require to set a website. It includes a free SSL certificate, unmetered bandwidth, five email accounts, and SSD storage of 50GB.
- Plus Plan– Plus plan is at $5.45 a month. It is double the basic-plan price, yet is affordable. This plan allows hosting unlimited storage, bandwidth, and websites. Users get unlimited subdomains, parked domains, a free SSL certificate, and email addresses.
- Choice Plus– It is a premium plan and affordable at the same price as Plus Plan. You get to enjoy all the benefits of the Plus plan and a few additions such as site backups, domain privacy, and assistance with spam.
The price is affordable, but you have to pay as an agreement for 36-month and pay in advance. There are 24 and 12-month options, yet the amount is less only when you sign up for a longer-term. You may not be ready to pay upfront for longer periods, but fortunately, there is the guarantee of money-back for 30-days, with a few restrictions. It does allow site migrations for free.
Above all, BlueHost is good with its features that paying upfront will not disappoint you. Yet, read the fine prints and sign a long-term contract.
- Hatchling Plan– It is affordable at monthly $2.75. It includes a website, domain, a free SSL certification, and unmetered bandwidth. It offers site migration for no cost.
- Baby Plan– It is at $3.95 and is affordable. It offers everything with a free SSL certificate, supports multiple websites, free site migration, and unlimited disk space.
- Business Plan- It is affordable and at twice the Hatchling plan price of $5.95. The plan gives a dedicated IP, bandwidth, unlimited domains, SSL certificate, SEO tools, and no- cost site migration.
HostGator also has the same rules as BlueHost for prepayment terms. The longer, the better is the cost and to pay upfront. Again, though, there are differences. Bluehost offers 12, 24, and 36 months. HostGator offers 1/3/ 6 months and 1/2/3 years. You get good deals only on signing for 12 months at least.
The money-back guarantee is better offering 45-days, and there are exceptions with refunds. In addition, HostGator increases its rates with the expiry of the initial term. However, read the fine prints carefully before getting committed.
BlueHost vs. HostGator Reddit- Hosting Features
BlueHost features include:
- cPanel to manage easily your website
- A free domain on sign-up.
- Advanced anti-spam tools
- Comes with Weebly, the website on-site builder
- Integrates SiteLock, Constant Contact, and CodeGuard.
- One-click installation of CMS such as, Joomla, WordPress, and Magento.
HostGator features include:
- Integrates Constant Contact, CodeGuard, and SiteLock.
- Migrate website for free from an old web server, and includes migration of files, databases, and domain.
- Free website builder tools featuring customizable templates
- Installation in One-click of CMS such as Mojo Marketplace.
BlueHost vs. HostGator Reddit -WordPress Hosting
WP is a popular blogging platform, and choosing a web host is a must to get started. WordPress.org recommends Bluehost. It is possible to install by clicking a few with the Mojo Marketplace installer. There is a free SSL certificate and activate free Cloudflare CDN.
HostGator gives WP installation using Mojo Marketplace in a few clicks, and it offers free migration of site. They also provide Cloudflare CDN service and a free SSL certificate.
BlueHost vs. HostGator Reddit- Ease of Use
Bluehost signing up is straightforward. You must set a password for security. You can set a strong and complicated password as there is a password manager. The dashboard is simple to use, focuses on WordPress, and manages everything, as it is fast and easy.
HostGator signing up is easy and is complicated to pay attention to its cost. The complication is in its add-ons, while some experience trouble in signing up. However, choosing a plan through the dashboard is easy to navigate, and their cPanel is great.
BlueHost vs. HostGator Reddit says both the web hosting providers are good with usability, and both have an account set up with similar issues. The difference is with the integration of WordPress. However, BlueHost has a start ahead here, and so there is a slight difference.
BlueHost vs. HostGator Reddit- Speed, Performance, and Uptime
The web host’s speed and performance depend on the configuration of the webserver. If the server sucks in performance, nothing can improve the speed.
BlueHost offers an edge when it relates to speed. It has no blocked requests, no bloat, or long time taken for connection. It handles visitors’ traffic flawlessly, and there is no slowing down of the site. Bluehost does not commit to compensating for any slow uptime response. BlueHost has standard industry servers and offers 99.98% uptime. The performance is based on the load time, and it is 2.25s.
HostGator reports show blocked requests and load impact issues. It is a bit inconsistent. It offers the best uptime guarantee, and if there is a fall below 99.9%, they grant free hosting for a month. HostGator does not give any service level agreement. It offers a guarantee of uptime of 99.9%, and there is free credit if the website comes down anytime. The load time is 2.57s.
BlueHost vs. HostGator Reddit- Security
BlueHost offers TLS/SSL certificates for free with its plans along with backups daily. So there is the advantage to access the privacy center, but it is expensive. In addition, you can see the data collected and used.
HostGator offers TLS/SSL certificates and backups daily. There are security features free and to upgrade $40 a month is the price. It includes firewall and malware removal.
BlueHost vs. HostGator Reddit- Customer Support
BlueHost is highly supportive and follows a simple process. Submit a ticket, and they will get in touch with you or contact you via live chat. In addition, you can call the customer service line. It is available 24×7/635 days. They are a team of knowledgeable and responsive people, and the waiting time is not long.
HostGator gives a good customer support team available by phone or live chat. Submit a ticket, and they will get in touch. They are reachable all day and 24/7.
BlueHost vs. HostGator Reddit confirms both web hosts are consistent, yet Bluehost is fast to respond, and HostGator has complaints about the slow response with support.
BlueHost vs. HostGator Reddit
BlueHost provides VPS, shared, cloud, and dedicated hosting. It offers the flexibility to scale the site to WordPress hosting and support 24/7. BlueHost has experts to help and provide 24/7 support tickets, live chat, or hotline. They have a good refund policy on canceling within 30 days. There are pro-rated refunds to cancel after the period, and it starts per month at $2.95.
HostGator provides unlimited bandwidth and disk space, no monthly traffic or storage limits, allowing the website to grow. It offers business and personal class hosting plans using Windows operating system. It offers money-back guarantees and 99.9% uptime, and a refund of 45 days. It starts at per month $2.75.
BlueHost offers no uptime guarantee, no compensation for unexpected or prolonged downtime. In addition, there are additional fees charged for migrating from Panel accounts or existing websites.
HostGator takes a long time to respond through live chat and got mediocre solutions. It is well-known that it moves the complaint emails to another server if there is more traffic.
Bluehost is prominent for its protection solutions configuration that safeguards shared hosting users on the same server from other abusive users. The users and customers use SimpleScripts to install the application. In addition, Dedicated and VPS hosting is available.
HostGator offers web hosting, domain name registration, and website building tools at affordable prices. In addition, there is 24-hour customer support and a money-back guarantee of 45-day. It has an uptime of 99.9% impressive features and green energy, besides it is the best web host provider for Joomla, bloggers, WordPress, and other niches.
BlueHost vs. HostGator Reddit, if you are starting, HostGator is a wonderful option as it provides fast support and mainly beginner-friendly service. But, Bluehost.com is better if you do not start. Their service is not as HostGator to be known as beginner-friendly.
However, Bluehost does offer services that are certainly better by a bit than HostGator. The two hosts are fairly even for a site holder wishing to host faster and grade better, taking the payment plans and the migration fee into consideration. Ultimately, choose that fits your expectations and the budget.
Are you looking for a web hosting provider? There are 2 prominent hosting providers, iPage and HostGator. There are many more web hosting services, but not all are equal. It is a must to know that these 2, iPage and HostGator are the providers that are good and different in their features and pricing plans. Therefore, there is an unbiased comparison to know which truly offers the required web hosting service: iPage vs. HostGator.
iPage Vs. HostGator -A small introduction
iPage emerged in 1998. It covers the webspace hosting over 1 million websites. iPage offers two data centers power helping customers. It is a technology offering affordable plans. iPage is beneficial for medium-sized and small businesses. It is an easy-to-use setup, has reliable plans and services to assist in the long run.
The integration of the WordPress feature offers added benefits to combine open-sourced platforms. It provides affiliate marketing services with good hosting plans, while there are many options to choose from.
HostGator emerged in 2002. It is a global hosting services provider. The company offers a range of web hosting and additional services to choose from, making it a feasible option. In addition, HostGator offers a brand promise, reliability, and great speed, to provide customized options.
HostGator adheres to the latest requirements. There is HostGator affiliate programs and coupon, while there are different plans available to compare and decide. In addition, it provides an easy online website setup.
iPage Vs. HostGator – cPanel
- iPage has its control panel, and the control panel of iPage is more user-friendly. iPage offers growth potential through its single hosting package
- HostGator has a customized cPanel version as their interface, helping in installing applications. In addition, the cPanel of HostGator offers access to options. HostGator has different hosting plans, including dedicated hosting.
Both web hosting plans offer unlimited storage and bandwidth, besides hosting multiple domains.
iPage Vs. HostGator – Hosting types
iPage offers budget hosting options. Choosing a plan allows customizing it as per business requirements. They provide hosting plans even for startup businesses. Choosing a basic plan and expanding to higher-level hosting plans is possible. It offers suitable hosting plans for medium-sized organizations as VPS special hosting plans. Dedicated hosting plans are available as per the add-ons and features. Choose a plan as per your budget.
The best part is the WordPress integration of iPage hosting. Using this feature of integration, adding features and plugins is possible. In addition, it helps to make a customized website.
HostGator offers plans suitable to all budgets. It gives VPS special hosting and Reseller hosting plans with shared hosting to meet business requirements. In addition, HostGator promotes business apps and offers to host apps.
It offers dedicated and managed hosting server plans to facilitate startups. Business emails allow you to sort emails while hosting is affordable for email marketing businesses. It helps transfer and register domains at a cost-effective price. It offers a superb discount on hosting with HostGator hosting coupon.
iPage Vs. HostGator – Pricing
- iPage pricing for shared is $1.99/mo, WordPress $3.75/mo, VPS $19.99/mo, and Dedicated $119.99/mo.
- HostGator pricing for shared is $2.78/mo, WordPress $5.95/mo (cloud), VPS $19.95/mo, and Dedicated $119.00/mo.
For affordable WordPress or shared hosting plans, you can find iPage to be cheaper. However, iPage does not give reseller hosting or cloud hosting. While the VPS and Dedicated servers are the same as iPage and HostGator, you can use HostGator coupons and enjoy a discount. iPage also offers freebies for newbies.
iPage Vs. HostGator-Security features
iPage hosting provider provides a custom firewall and locks security control. It updates scripts on obsolete scripts as well and offers automatic removal of malware. iPage blocks Bot automated attacks and blacklist monitoring. It scans the database and helps in keeping track of your website from malicious files. iPage also offers additional features for security, DDoS protection features, WordPress integration, and add-on- tools.
iPage units are backed up with a mirror copy to help in case there is any disc failure. There is year-round steady monitoring that before you realize it, the issues get fixed. There is the robust encryption software, uninterrupted power supply, database, and firewalls lockdowns, and there is onsite personnel to tackle your problems right as it occurs. iPage uses SiteLock as an extra security layer, and it comes free of cost to customers. It also offers a list of benefits specially designed to maintain the integrity of the client’s site.
HostGator offers varying plans, a host of security features, including password security with additional updates on website applications. The protection security measure ensures complete server protection. It ascertains your site is free from malware threats. There is an addition of scripts in association with CMS installations. Your site is safe from hackers as HostGator provides added security measures.
HostGator malware scans and weekly backups are regular practice, yet doing your scans and backups is recommended. HostGator will restore your site from the backup, but it does not come free of cost. There is a fee to be paid. HostGator offers high levels of protection to its online activities and data centers. The technical and admin staff are available to solve your issues 24/7 every day.
There is CCTV monitoring at all times, building entrances have biometric locks enhancing high security, and security personnel walks the complex to assist further with issues. The sites enjoy an uninterrupted power supply. There is cooling systems provision given to the servers to prevent overheating fire suppressors, smoke detectors, diesel generators, and more.
iPage Vs. HostGator – Salient hosting features
- Features are suitable for every plan, no matter if it is basic or business. A simple feature of drag-drop is enough to get customized packages. It is also simple for start-ups to initiate with such customized packages as it offers free email accounts and domain registration.
- Unlimited bandwidth support and disk space with the email option. The highlight is the scalable bandwidth feature, good reliability, and easy site builder option. iPage offers managed services with cPanel support. Its plans come with optional root access and pre-installed scripts. The themes, WordPress integration, and plugins are easily downloaded here as per choice.
- WordPress installation in a single click. The company setup is easy to use with mobile-optimized tools. The website builder tool helps to build a sustainable website. It provides network monitoring control and setup, besides MySQL database support and additional features, with 99.9% uptime.
- Web hosting plans with functional features. It offers unlimited bandwidth and disk space on plans. The cPanel is easy-to-use with all the plans.
- The interface is easy with regular tasks. It features a drag-drop and helps in customizing the website. It provides on all major plans unlimited email support. It supports the transfer of domain names, and for first-time registrations, there is a HostGator domain coupon.
- It offers free access to its features, and there is unlimited database support. HostGator provides an SSL certificate for free, facilitating an update option. It allows scaling better with its advanced programming support. Its advanced programming building allows using different frameworks with open-source platforms for site-building. It is simple with WordPress and features a one-click installation that integrates sites such as Joomla and WordPress.
- HostGator web hosting gives hosting solutions for both managed and semi-managed plans. It offers free script transfer with MySQL support. In addition, users can enjoy access to data protection and extra storage up to 99.9% of uptime.
iPage Vs. HostGator – Payment options
- iPage accepts payments through credit and debit cards. In addition, it accepts online transfers and PayPal for the hosting plans you buy. It also offers start-ups good discounts on their hosting plans online.
- HostGator accepts many payment forms on your purchase of different plans. All the major debit and credit cards, PayPal, bank wires, and money orders are acceptable as payments. HostGator does not accept cash payments in any form. It has different payment options that buying with HostGator any plan is flexible.
iPage Vs. HostGator -Customer support
iPage offers email, phone, and chat as customer support 24/7. If you get stuck with an issue relating to a website, you may contact for a live chat feature. iPage provides a ticketing system and has a good support team. With their instructions, you can also build a scalable website.
HostGator also includes chat, phone, and email support as customer support 24/7. The chat features are live, and they guide instantly. Get any solution to problem-related sites. A ticketing system on the site provides a complete insight into the website. In addition, it offers tutorials step-by-step to website building as guidance. It is well-known for its excellent customer support.
iPage Vs. HostGator -Ease of Use
- iPage does not offer cPanel. Instead, it provides a customized control panel version as vDeck. Nevertheless, people accustomed to the most popular cPanel can learn this curve and master vDeck.
- HostGator hosting plans manage the web hosting accounts featuring CPanel. They also offer popular website scripts as 1-click installers, such as Joomla, WordPress, and Drupal.
Both provide in-house developed website builders for users to build a site without hiring a developer.
iPage Vs. HostGator – Reliability
Comparing reliability between iPage Vs. HostGator indicates prioritizing uptime as the most crucial feature. The result of significant downtime is:
- Jeopardizing visitor trust, revenue loss, potential penalties, lost opportunities, decreased brand value, lost work time, damage of overall reputation, service level agreement penalties, and employee compensations.
iPage gives a 99.9% uptime guarantee and is confident of meeting this uptime standard. It applies to all plans, and not unlike many sites offering it only for a few. On taking a survey, it has come to notice, for the past 11 years, the uptime of iPage has been steady, and only one month was 90%. The striking fact is that most months feature zero to minimal downtime.
HostGator also gives 99.9% uptime to all its customers. If they fail to meet this uptime, the customer can request a credit. However, they are under no obligation to credit, and you must reason out why you are asking for credit.
iPage Vs. HostGator- Advantages of Choosing iPage:
- iPage allows hosting multiple domains
- iPage gives the lowest affordable prices and no compromise on unlimited web hosting.
- iPage is an ideal choice for newbies, first-time website holders, or even experienced web vendors or masters.
- Excellent support of live chat, email, and phone.
- Improved website builder.
- iPage offers a user-friendly control panel interface.
- VPS and Dedicated hosting is available with iPage
iPage Vs. HostGator -Advantages of choosing HostGator:
- HostGator offers email, phone, and live chat support.
- Technical support is available throughout the year 24/7.
- The shared servers are wind-powered to 130%
- Money-Back in 45-days
- WordPress Installation in 1-click.
- Google/Bing/Yahoo $100 offer
- Website Builder as Drag-and-Drop feature
iPage Vs. HostGator- Money-back guarantee
iPage hosting gives on its plans a 30 days money-back guarantee. If you want a refund or wish to migrate, apply online within thirty days. The refund is not applicable for any added features of the plan. iPage allows canceling and receiving within the first 30 days, but the domain fee is chargeable. It permits you to take the same to another hosting company and transfer.
HostGator gives on its plans a 45 days money-back guarantee. If you want a refund, apply within 45 days. You may apply online for a refund, as well. Nevertheless, the credit does not include admin fees, domain names, customized software installations, or other add-ons. It is applicable for a cash rebate only if the transaction is through a credit card. If not, you get your account credited.
Finally, iPage Vs. HostGator
iPage in web hosting is a well-known name offering affordable features and plans. It also ensures the best integration. Therefore, it is a perfect choice for small and medium-sized organizations.
Hesitator in web hosting is a popular name offering varied plans. It gives good customer support, customized hosting plan options, easy access online, and makes the job easier.
In this review, iPage Vs. HostGator, you can find plans suitable to every budget. They both give good customer support, refund policy, and payment options.
It could be that you are searching for the best hosting provider to host your website. It should provide advanced security features, blazing-fast loading speeds, and high uptime. Also, it should be affordably priced. If this is what you seek, then you should compare HostGator vs. DreamHost.
They both are popular web hosts and offer affordable packages to choose from. Besides being reliable, they have all the sources to support the growing needs of your website. Remember, the web host you finally choose as your host will determine your site’s fate, visitor experience, its performance, etc.
Hostgator vs. DreamHost – Products/Services offered
Given below are the different types of web hosting services offered by both providers.
- VPS hosting
- Shared hosting
- Cloud hosting
- Dedicated server hosting
- Reseller hosting
- WordPress (WP) hosting
- Windows hosting
- VPS hosting
- Shared hosting
- Cloud hosting
- Dedicated server hosting
- WordPress hosting
So, HostGator is found to offer more packages than DreamHost and is a winner in this category.
HostGator vs. DreamHost – Migration Services
They offer both paid and free migration services allowing easy site transfer to HostGator account from the old host. The company provides several free site transfers, the number of which is determined by the account you have registered with.
For example, if you had registered with Cloud or Shared hosting account, then they will help move one site on your behalf. In addition, dedicated and VPS hosting packages provide you with free site transfers for unlimited time. However, within thirty days of registering, you need to use the free transfers, after which there is some charge for this service.
This provider offers several migration options to choose from. For websites developed on WP, it is possible to migrate for free to any of the offered DreamPress plans. However, for non-WP site transfer, you should avail yourself of the USD99 migration service.
HostGator vs. DreamHost – Domain Registration
During hosting signup, both providers offer their clients a free domain name for the initial year. Only a few annual plans come with this benefit. It includes:
- HostGator: It is offered with annual Cloud, WordPress and shared hosting plans.
- DreamHost: It is offered with annual DreamPress (managed WP) and Shared plans. Free domain registration is to be used within 3 months of registration. Otherwise, it will get lapsed and cannot be enjoyed.
HostGator vs. Dreamhost – Website Builder
To develop a site, they offer different types of useful tools. It also includes HostGator Website Builder offered for free, along with ‘Gator,’ a paid website builder. Once the site designing process is automated, the Gator builder provides industry-specific design. Thus, you can launch your site within minutes. There are three plans offered with Gator website builder:
- Express Store at $9.22 a month
- Express Site at $5.99 a month
- Express Start at $3.84 a month
One domain name registration and SSL Certificate is offered for free, along with an intelligent site builder with every Gator builder plan. The free domain name comes for a year. Also is offered search engine market credits worth $200, CDN, contact management, LogoMaker, automated email scheduling, Unsplash image library (free), etc.
It has introduced ‘Remixer,’ a click-to-edit site builder that is hosted on their cloud network. Being template-based, it does not require coding for developing quickly a fully functional site. Instead, you need to point, drag & drop and click site elements.
Two stand-alone plans come included with Remixer, namely, Remixer All Access and Remixer Standard. Shared hosting plans have an All-Access plan included within the package. You will need to invest in the All-Access or Standard plan if you desire to use Remixer with Dedicated, DreamPress, or VPS plans.
HostGator vs. DreamHost – Security
Both offer a free SSL Certificate along with the basic hosting package. DreamHost offers MFA (Multifactor Authentication) through Yubikey and Google Authenticator app. You can derive advanced security features based on the hosting account registered, like Cloud, dedicated, VPS, or shared plans. So it should be superior or standard ones.
Dedicated hosting plans offered by HostGator include an IP-based firewall, advanced DDoS protection, and several options to develop scheduled or manual backups. The dedicated hosting plans offered by DreamHost include full SSH (root & Shell Access) and 24/7 DDoS Protection.
You need to invest in add-on services and products to derive additional security. It includes:
- Site Lock – From $1.99 to $24.99 a month
- CodeGuard-powered website backup – From $32.95 to $239.95 a year
- Upgraded SSL Certificates – From $19.99 to $269.99 a year
- DreamShield Malware Remover for $29.99 a year
- Sectigo Verified SSL for $15 a year
HostGator vs. DreamHost – Money-Back Guarantee
They offered 45-day risk-free service on their reseller, VPS, and shared hosting plans. After sign-up, if you do not find their services up to the mark, then you can always opt out from the chosen plan. But this should be done within the initial 45 days of registration. You will get back your basic hosting fees as assured at the time of registration. However, dedicated server services do not come with such a guarantee.
They offer a 97-day risk-free service on their shared hosting plans. But it is valid only if you have purchased this plan using your debit or credit card. In addition, a 30-day guarantee is offered on their DreamPress and VPS hosting services.
HostGator vs. DreamHost – Control Panel
The cPanel control panel is offered on all Linux-based hosting plans. In addition, the Plesk control panel is offered on Windows-based hosting plans.
Hosting accounts are managed with the help of a custom control panel. Their panel is known to function on separate servers. Its main menu is aligned to the left vertically. The top right corner has a support drop-down menu, and the top center with a search box.
HostGator vs. DreamHost – Customer Support
Both offer different types of customer care options. It includes:
- Comprehensive library resources, including support articles and video tutorials
- Live chat
- community forums
- Live chat
However, phone support is not offered like that of HostGator. But customers can request their technical support to give a call back for resolutions. Some superior plans come with a free callback feature. Otherwise, to enjoy this feature in other plans, you are to pay an amount.
It is $9.95/month for a 1-time callback feature, $14.95/month for 3 callbacks offered every month. The technical team provides callbacks only between 6 and 10 pm (PST).
HostGator vs. DreamHost – Site response time / Speed
When site speed is concerned, even a single second tend to matter a lot. Your website speed will determine the time amount spent by your visitors checking out your web page. It will also impact your site ranking in the leading search engines like Google.
The ideal web host will provide a sufficient amount of resources like bandwidth, storage, etc., including additional tools for site speed enhancement.
Its shared hosting plan is undoubtedly the cheapest and includes unmetered bandwidth and storage. You also have the top to choose SiteLock plans to derive TrueSpeed CDN. The latter uses global servers to ensure faster content delivery to your visitors. Sites using TrueSpeed experience 50% faster load time. It also uses 40% to 70% of less bandwidth.
In all its plans, it offers unmetered bandwidth and fast SSD storage. Moreover, the basic Cloudflare plan comes for free through the DreamHost panel. With Cloudflare CDN, it is possible to enhance search engine ranking, site responsiveness. It also safeguards your site from cyber attacks and malicious attacks.
Hence, HostGator is found to be a better platform than DreamHost concerning site response time.
HostGator vs. DreamHost – Uptime
Uptime is considered the time your site is functioning smoothly and can be accessed by your targeted audiences.
With reseller and shared hosting accounts, it offers an uptime guarantee of 99.9%. Its Network Guarantee covers all accounts hosted on Dedicated and VPS servers. Credit is prorated only for the period the server is down.
DreamHost offers an uptime guarantee of 100%, provided no configuration or customers face coding-related issues. Besides this, maintenance tasks that are already scheduled are not likely to be considered downtime.
DreamHost is found to enjoy an average uptime of 99.95%, thereby being better than HostGator.
HostGator vs. DreamHost – Hosting Price structure
Both offer their clients different types of hosting packages to match specific website needs and budgets. Web hosting companies generally launch promotions and discount schemes to attract first-time customers. However, renewal is done at regular prices that are quite higher when compared to introductory prices.
The Cloud hosting and Standard VPS plans of Dreamhost are much cheaper when compared to HostGator. But, again, the Dedicated, WordPress and Shared plans of HostGator are found to be less expensive than DreamHost.
HostGator vs. DreamHost – WordPress (WP) Hosting
In today’s hosting world, WP is considered to be among the top CMS platform available. Thus, anyone can use it to develop and operate a professional and fully functional website with some knowledge. It is also stated to be a wonderful platform for first-timers and those lacking coding skills.
It offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee on its managed WP hosting plan combined with a 45-day money-back guarantee. With the managed hosting package, you can expect professionals to offer a wide range of services. It includes performance tweaks, server maintenance, updates, backups, etc. They offer three levels of managed WP hosting plans. It includes:
- The business plan at $9.95 a month
- Standard plan at $7.95 a month
- Starter plan at $5.95 a month
Each plan offered by this provider comes with interesting benefits like an easy-to-use control panel, pre-installed WP, unmetered bandwidth, etc. Also included are top-notch security, free domain for the first 1 year, 24/7 support, etc.
The other features include CodeGuard, Free SSL Certificate, SiteLock Fix, auto malware removal, and Backups. Customers can also enjoy 24/7 Live chat, Phone, and Knowledgebase for support.
They provide three WP hosting plans, namely,
- VPS WP hosting is meant for high-performing, multiple sites at $27.50 a month.
- DreamPress (Managed WP Hosting) for optimized, fast-performing WP Hosting at $12 a month.
- Basic WP hosting is meant exclusively for beginners at $2.59 a month.
All their WP plans include WP website builder, 1-click installer, WP updates, unmetered bandwidth, free domain for 1 year, auto backups. Also is offered free SSL Certificate and free privacy protection.
DreamPress Managed WP hosting enhances cloud environment performance. Isolated resources mean there is no need to share resources with others like storage, CPU, and RAM. Advanced features are also offered like on-demand backups, a 1-click staging tool to preview/test modifications, and inbuilt caching to enhance site performance. Three plans are offered in this category, namely:
- DreamPress Pro at $71.95 a month. It includes all features present in the Basic plan combined with fast SSD storage of 120 GB. Also is offered Priority Support like advanced troubleshooting, proactive monitoring and expedited experts support.
- DreamPress Plus at $24.95 a month. It includes all features present in the Standard plan along with SSD storage of 60 GB. It also has phone support callbacks, a Professional Jetpack plan, unlimited CDN.
- DreamPress at $16.95 a month. This standard plan includes SSD storage of 30 GB, one site hosting, on-demand backups and auto daily backups. Also is offered WP specialized support, 1-click restore, etc.
Both offer free site migration, unmetered bandwidth, essential features, free domain. Managed DreamPress hosting plan of DreamHost includes additional perks such as Jetpack, free domain privacy, SSD storage, staging tool, and unlimited CDN. However, it is a bit expensive. So, you need to determine what to choose – Extra Benefits or Lower Price Tag!
When considering advanced WP hosting features, server uptime, DreamHost is easily found to outperform HostGator. But in other aspects like customer support, site response time, free migration services, beginner-friendly control panel, affordable plans, etc. Again, HostGator is ahead of DreamHost. Hence, your selection should be based on your specific requirements and budget.