You may have come across several domain provider names but is interested in comparing iPage vs. GoDaddy. A thorough comparison of the different features offered by both providers can help you find out the most suitable one for your website.
iPage vs. GoDaddy – An Overview
- iPage: It a reputed brand and is within the same family as that of BlueHost and HostGator. This means, all these three hosting companies share the same parent company, namely, Endurance International Group. However, iPage is considered to offer more ‘budget conscious’ plans among the three. They also provide their new clients with exciting discounts. They cater more to the needs of the new website hosting clients.
- GoDaddy: This is a popular name in the industry and a big company boasting of having millions of clients spread across the globe. They also carry out large marketing campaigns. At every hosting service level, they provide their customers with steep introductory discounts.
Hence, iPage offers a better price structure and is meant for those desiring to run a single site. But large online businesses can benefit immensely by choosing GoDaddy as their hosting provider.
iPage provides its clients with individual hosting plan types, while GoDaddy provides numerous options to choose from. You can opt for GoDaddy’s domain registration services only while choosing your hosting package with another provider, including iPage. Hosting plans offered by GoDaddy is quite similar to iPage in price structure but is regarded to be just the starter package. However, by opting for the iPage plan, you stand to derive more features, value, and benefits.
You may already own plenty of GoDaddy registered domains and might not require heavy-duty web hosting services. Getting hosting for your site can be easy with them. They do offer discounts on their plans, thus allowing you to save some precious money. But if you desire to host all your domains, then iPage will prove much more affordable than GoDaddy.
Undoubtedly, GoDaddy is among the most popular and the largest web hosting companies in the domain. This provides them an added advantage, especially if you are among those who value business reputation. Both provide live chat support. However, GoDaddy’s live chat customer support is limited to just certain hours during the day. Their tablet app is excellent and allows you to get easy access to your mobile device account.
If seeking value from the web hosting package, iPage leads in this comparison and is worth the second look.
iPage vs. GoDaddy – Hosting plans
This section needs to compare properly and find out which provider offers more value – iPage or GoDaddy! On price listing, standard price applies after the expiry of all promotions.
Their basic shared hosting package is available for a mere $7.99 a month. However, the features offered by them on this plan are much more than what is offered by GoDaddy. For example, they provide you with unlimited domains, disk space, and scalable bandwidth. In addition, with one domain, you are provided with an SSL Certificate without any additional charges.
This is as long as you remain subscribed to their services. Besides this, you can enjoy setting up your e-Commerce site and ensure great functionality instantly. Furthermore, new clients can derive many advertising credits with a promotional pricing structure to promote their site on several major websites and search engines.
This provider also benefits those who seek packages beyond new sites and beginner hosting services. If so, then this company is the right choice. They offer both managed VPS and cloud-based. Their plans start at about $24.99 a month. However, their post-promotional price is slightly less when compared to GoDaddy, while their plans offer similar specifications.
Things tend to diverge at dedicated servers. This is one aspect that you should keep in mind when doing iPage vs. GoDaddy comparison. For the same plans and specifications offered, iPage’s pricing structure is slightly higher than GoDaddy. For example, they provide managed WP (WordPress) plans beginning at an introductory price of $7.49 a month for one domain.
They also provide their clients with dedicated VPS and shared hosting services. They offer Cloud in VPS and some business packages, however, but not as their standard setup. The top shared hosting plan offered begins at $7.99 a month. It is quite similar to the basic shared plan offered by iPage. But GoDaddy’s starting plan comes with plenty of limitations.
This will require you to opt for upgrades like the ‘Deluxe’ version to enjoy similar benefits and specifications. It costs around $10.99 a month. Their business and VPS plans are priced at $29.99 a month. Opting for these plans will allow you to use the provide tools to develop your eCommerce stores.
You will also be able to manage regular as well as high traffic, including occasional traffic spikes. GoDaddy offers dedicated servers, with starting price being approximately $80 a month. Additionally, for one year, you can derive a free SSL Certificate. Also are available Managed WP plans along with free backups at all levels combined with free backups.
When VPS and shared value plans are concerned, iPage emerges to be a clear winner. But for dedicated plans, GoDaddy seems to provide more value.
iPage vs. GoDaddy – Resources & Assistance
You may have queries or face issues relevant to your hosting plans. They should be answered promptly and efficiently handled by the team.
- iPage: They are known to offer round-the-clock live chat and phone-based support to all their clients on all plans. They also provide in-depth tutorials. Their online help center has searchable FAQ sections including a ticket system. Escalation is quite efficient while responses are provided within minutes.
- GoDaddy: They provide similar support options and claim to have similar response times. But resolving complicated issues through escalations might create substantial delays.
Both providers offer similar resources and assistance to their clients on all plans. So in this category, not much quality difference is noticed among the two and hence, a tie.
iPage vs. GoDaddy – Apps & Website Builders
It would be best to find out the simplicity offered by both web hosts to develop a site using their provided tools.
- iPage: Their website builder is found to be quite good and compared to a few page builders available at a premium. It comes with easy-to-build features and is intuitive to use. You can create simple-looking, but highly effective sites to about six pages. It is quite sufficient for a small business or local service provider. This company also provides different types of apps with easy installs. You can choose any plan and set up your eCommerce store without any difficulty.
- GoDaddy: Its website builder is considered to be overly bloated and complicated. It has plenty of additional templates and features that might not be required by most users. However, some of these additional features are outdated, thus making it tough to perform things, especially under pressure. But single-click CMS installation or eCommerce tool is a good option if you seek something easy and quick to use. Apps are provided with just about every plan they have on offer. But, eCommerce tools come with higher-tier plans only.
In this category, iPage seems to have a better edge over GoDaddy. It allows all its clients, irrespective of the plans chosen to get easy access to their eCommerce tools. They also provide an intuitive web page builder without any bloat.
iPage vs. GoDaddy – Security & SSL Certificate
It is important to protect your site from hacks and other unwanted elements. Hence, you need to find a reliable provider who is known to offer the very best value and protection.
- iPage: With every individual hosting plan’s life term, this company offers its clients with minimum of one free SSL certificate. When general security is concerned, they monitor server activity and account for anomalies taking place daily. They also offer additional security tools without any extra charges to all users. You can easily upgrade them to meet your needs and preferences at every level.
- GoDaddy: The add-ons that come with major benefits, however, come with additional charges. This is something that is not much appreciated. Moreover, SSL Certificates offered on all hosting plans are found to be a bit expensive. Free tools are not offered beyond their managed WP plans while they offer average overall security features.
Hence, iPage seems to provide more value to its clients when SSL Certificate and Security is concerned than GoDaddy.
iPage vs. GoDaddy – Reliability & Page Load Speed
Large hosting companies are said to back both the web hosting providers. But GoDaddy has almost become a household name and easily recognizable when compared to iPage. But that does not mean the web hosting services offered by iPage are substandard or unreliable.
- iPage: Uptime and Reliability aspects are interrelated. Not much is there to compare between these two providers. It claims to have top-end uptimes with its average being 99.98%. Moreover, site loading time takes just about half a second to complete.
- GoDaddy: This company also boasts of having an average uptime of about 99.98%. Also is similar to their loading time which is just half-second.
Both are stated to be exceptional web hosting providers and can be relied upon when reliability and page load time is concerned. Hence, in this category, they both have a clean tie.
iPage vs. GoDaddy – Detailed comparison
- Established business in 1998
- Enjoys A+ BBB Rating
- The basic monthly plan starts at $1.99 to $2.95
- Data center location is in Boston, MA, USA
- Unlimited email
- Unlimited storage
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 99.98% average server uptime
- iPage Control panel hosting interface
- Host multiple domains at affordable rates
- Dedicated hosting available
- 30 days full refund period, if services offered, are unsatisfactory
Free Extras offered:
- Toll-free number (Limited to the U.S. only)
- SiteLock Security Suite
- Google Adwords Bonus of $100
- YellowPages.com Listing
- Bing/Yahoo! Sponsored Search of $25
- Facebook Ad Credit of $50
- Established business in 1997
- Enjoys A+ BBB Rating
- Plans start at $2.99 to $7.49 a month
- Unlimited email offered, but only on their Ultimate plans
- Unlimited storage offered, but only on their Economy plans
- Unlimited bandwidth offered across all plans.
- cPanel is used as the hosting interface
- Host multiple domains, but only on Economy plans
- Dedicated hosting available
- Provides 30 days full refund period in case of unsatisfactory services
- The average server uptime is 99.98%
- Site Accelerator offered only on Ultimate plan.
- DudaMobile automatic site conversion to mobile available on all plans except Economy plan.
- Malware Scanner provided only on Ultimate plan.
- SSL Certificated offered on Ultimate plan only.
iPage vs. GoDaddy – Know the benefits
- Allows hosting multiple domains.
- For unlimited web hosting services, they are known to charge the lowest prices, thereby helping you to save ample money.
- Enhanced site builder.
- It is a great option for both experienced webmasters and first-time site owners.
- They offer both VPS and dedicated hosting services.
- They have a user-friendly iPage control panel interface.
- They provide 24/7 live chat, email and phone support.
- Your GoDaddy hosted site is always mobile-ready.
- You can combine their hosting along with domain name registration.
- It is among the most popular and the largest web hosts in the industry.
- You have the option to choose between Windows or Linux OS.
- They have launched a streamlined website and currently provide easier access to client account information.
- You can download GoDaddy’s mobile app and access your account with ease and from any place.
iPage vs. GoDaddy – Conclusion
iPage is a better choice for first-time site owners and new websites. You can avail of GoDaddy services if you seek a dedicated server to promote your site. However, you might add up some extra charges on SSL certificates, additional domain registrations, etc. Then, a wise option to choose will be iPage services. They are competitive, offering low prices, great uptime, and enhanced security.
Comparison is a must, and especially the one-on-one is helpful. It cuts the confusion while finding a suitable web hosting company to fulfill your requirements. For example, here are two web hosting providers from the late 90s- DreamHost vs. GoDaddy.
DreamHost vs. GoDaddy: The Overview
What is DreamHost?
DreamHost is a pioneer in shared, VPS, dedicated hosting, cloud storage, WordPress hosting, and cloud computing. DreamHost was started in 1997 by four college students, and it has headquarters as privately owned in Los Angeles, California.
What is GoDaddy?
GoDaddy is the name for registering fast Domain names. It is affordable and a domain-trusted registrar, empowering people to succeed online with creative ideas. GoDaddy started as Jomax Technologies in 1997, and in 1999 it was rebranded in the name Go Daddy. In 2006, these two names as a combination came to be known as GoDaddy. The GoDaddy owners are a private investment group.
DreamHost is classified under Cloud Hosting, while GoDaddy is a Domain Registration tool.
DreamHost vs. GoDaddy- Uptime, Performance, and Reliability
Uptime is the crucial thing for any web hosting company to provide. If the servers are down, it is a loss of customers and viewers.
- DreamHost offers 100% uptime and readily refunds the hosting of one day as per each downtime hour after receiving a report stating the trouble.
- GoDaddy assures at least 99.9% uptime. If there is a failure of .1% or more than 99.9% in a month, there is a credit of 5% on the hosting fee of that month.
- DreamHost uses SSD storage and AMD processors. DreamHost site loads faster in 2.10s.
- GoDaddy uses in its shared plans Core i7 processors and it is dedicated and VPS plans Xeons. GoDaddy loads in 2.91s faster.
- DreamHost data centers are in California, Irvine, Los Angeles, Virginia, Portland, Ashburn, and Oregon. The power and cooling with redundancy are in place, and so is the 24/7 security.
- GoDaddy data centers are in Phoenix, Arizona, Mesa, and Scottsdale. There are data centers also in Ashburn, Virginia, Los Angeles, and Chicago. It meets international needs in Amsterdam, with a European center, and has an Asian center located in Singapore. The data centers are powered with diesel backups and redundancy.
DreamHost vs. GoDaddy Key Features
- Domain Registration –Both DreamHost and GoDaddy are domain registrars. DreamHost offers 1-year free domain registration. GoDaddy also gives 1-year free domain registration, when the term is at least a year or longer.
- Databases- DreamHost features unlimited databases for its plans. While GoDaddy provides 10 to unlimited MySQL databases.
- Website Builder- DreamHost has no integrated website builder in its hosting plans. While, GoDaddy has with its Website Builder, drag-and-drop interfaces, starting at $1 per month as the promo price.
- Email Accounts- DreamHost offers unlimited email accounts and forwarding in all its plans. GoDaddy provides 100 to 1,000 accounts with storage of 100 MB to 1 GB, depending on the hosting plan.
DreamHost vs. GoDaddy -Opinion on other features
Ease of Use:
- Website Navigation- DreamHost and GoDaddy both provide adequate information. DreamHost at a time needs the user to read wikis or resort to Google for reference. GoDaddy provides more hosting products that it is a bit confusing to navigate and its pages require scrolling a lot.
- One-click Installer– DreamHost offers one-click installation through its control panel to some apps. While GoDaddy offers hundreds of apps, one-click installation through the control panel. However, both provide WordPress as a one-click installation.
- Control Panel– DreamHost and GoDaddy do not use the same control panels. DreamHost has a control panel that is powerful and user-friendly if you get used to using it. Initially, it may confuse cPanel users. GoDaddy uses cPanel after modification. It presents a user-friendly graphical interface, meeting the industry standard. It has features to manage your website using icons that are easily identified. GoDaddy uses Windows standard Plesk.
DreamHost vs. GoDaddy- Hosting Pricing & Plans
Shared web hosting
- DreamHost is simple, and the shared plan features everything as unlimited, such that it offers unlimited bandwidth, unlimited storage, unlimited domains, and unlimited email accounts. The price per month is $7.99 for a term of three-year. The registration of a free domain is valid for 12 months and is accompanied by a free SSL. With a $5.95, additional monthly fee, they offer a dedicated IP.
- GoDaddy offers on Windows and Linux three shred plans:
- Plan Economy is at per month $2.99 allowing storage of 100GB, unlimited bandwidth, and one site.
- Plan Deluxe is at per month $4.99, and Plan Ultimate is per month $7.99. Both offer unlimited storage, bandwidth, and websites.
Most of its plans feature domain registration coming for free on an annual plan. However, there is a limitation for its email accounts as 100, 500, and 1000 to the three plans. The Ultimate plan offers for the first year a free SSL Certificate.
Managed WordPress hosting
- DreamHost offers per monthly plan at $19.95. It is higher than the top tier of GoDaddy. The WordPress plan of DreamHost uses SSD infrastructure, a dedicated IP located on VPS servers, and requires per month unlimited visitors. It restricts to one MySQL database and one site.
- GoDaddy offers four plans. The bottom two plans give one website each, while the top two plans offer two and five sites, respectively. GoDaddy limits per month visitor number as per plan, and the SSD storage varies with the plan. The prices of GoDaddy are per month $3.99, 4.49, 7.99, and 13.99.
VPS and Dedicated server hosting
- DreamHost offers plan prices almost similar to GoDaddy pricing. However, there is unlimited SSD storage and bandwidth with all four plans. It provides a dedicated plan facilitating to customize with additional fees.
- GoDaddy offers Windows 5 dedicated plans and Linux 4 plans. The GoDaddy plans of Windows are nearly per month $10 more than Linux plans. There is a storage of 40GB to 250GB, as per the tier.
- DreamHost provides $100 credit as free marketing with Yahoo/Bing.
- GoDaddy provides marketing credits varying with the location.
Both give 1-year free registration for newbies signing up and free domain names.
DreamHost vs. GoDaddy -WordPress Hosting
DreamHost and GoDaddy both provide managed WordPress plans. The updates and backups are done for you on your site, allowing you to focus on the content of the site-building.
DreamHost offers managed WordPress plan featuring value and speed. It offers SSD storage of 30GB and is hosted on VPS, caching, free SSL, separate hosting for database MySQL database, no limits on plug-ins, and unlimited visitors.
GoDaddy offers four WordPress plans.
- The basic plan restricts to one site, SSD storage of 10GB, and per month 25,000 visitors.
- Deluxe plan also features one site, storage of 15GB, and 100,000 visitors.
- The Ultimate plan offers two sites, SSD storage of 30GB, and 400,000 visitors
- Developer plan gives up to five sites, besides SSD storage of 50GB and 800,000 visitors.
All these plans come with a free domain as you buy an annual term. In addition, the two top tiers feature an SSL certificate for a year, and there is a free SiteLock with Ultimate plan.
DreamHost vs. GoDaddy -eCommerce Solution
DreamHost and GoDaddy both provide free carts for shopping, including PrestaShop, Magneto, ZenCart, and others via a control panel.
- DreamHost promotes a commercial eCommerce site builder, Café Commerce.
- Besides, WordPress plug-ins for shopping, such as WooCommerce is available for WordPress sites.
DreamHost vs. GoDaddy -Backups
- DreamHost does not give site backups in its shared plans, even when available on the server. So it must be removed soon from the host server by downloading. Though the databases and website data get backed up automatically, backups are not assured.
- GoDaddy offers to restore and offer a backup in its shared plans by charging a monthly fee, while it offers on WordPress free daily backups.
DreamHost vs. GoDaddy -Hosting Security
- DreamHost provides for its email anti-spam with Spamhaus, and it offers DDoS protection through Arbor Networks services. DreamHost offers on its plans SSL with Let’s Encrypt.
- GoDaddy scans and acts proactively against DDoS threats. It provides CageFS that allows setting up limited access to contents. However, GoDaddy provides for email filtering BoxTrapper and Spam Assassin. GoDaddy offers for its plans free shared SSL, with top tiers receiving for free Private SSL.
DreamHost vs. GoDaddy -Control Panel
- DreamHost uses its feature-rich control panel, but people with cPanel experience may first find it confusing.
- GoDaddy uses cPanel and does some customization that is unfamiliar for regular users of cPanel.
Besides DreamHost vs. GoDaddy hosting plans, GoDaddy provides online marketing, SEO, and design services by charging additional fees. GoDaddy includes reseller plans, as well. In addition, both DreamHost and GoDaddy have affiliate programs. For example, DreamHost provides $100 as a credit to Yahoo/Bing.
DreamHost vs. GoDaddy -Customer and Technical Support
- DreamHost gives priority to customer service as their team has knowledgeable and friendly support personnel. DreamHost allows emailing questions on their contact page. It also has a wiki updated and enough knowledge base information. For more information and support, look for their blog and forum.
- GoDaddy is average as per its customer reviews. It offers email, phone, and 24/7 live chat, besides extensive knowledge of videos and tutorials. GoDaddy offers informative articles, as well.
DreamHost vs. GoDaddy -Security
- DreamHost offers security features with its hosting plans and includes a WAF (Web Application Firewall) and ModSecurity to filter and block the malicious requests of HTTP. It entails Remote execution, Cross-Site Scripting, Brute-force, and (SQLi) SQL injection attacks. They offer daily backups automatically and SSL certificates with all plans that appear to take your website security seriously.
- GoDaddyoffers limited security features but includes advanced firewalls, server 24/7 monitoring, and Brute-Force protection/DDoS.
Reasons to choose DreamHost vs. GoDaddy:
- DreamHost has valid reasons to be chosen, such as the guarantee of uptime as 100%, money-back guarantee, unlimited features, and the simplicity of plans.
- GoDaddy also supports functional reasons, more tiers in plans and options, Windows and Linux options, multiple web products besides hosting, chat 24/7 and free phone, and cPanel modified as standard.
DreamHost is for people looking for unlimited everything site in shared hosting. It is an ideal choice for people who do not wish to go through the options. Beginners will find it difficult as it does not offer phone support and no website builder. But small businesses are sure to enjoy the bandwidth available as unlimited, and the storage is appealing. Likewise, companies requiring VPS or dedicated servers find DreamHost as an attractive choice as it also offers a money-back guarantee of 90-days.
GoDaddy is the right choice for beginners as it offers everything web-related, right from SSL, marketing to the domain name. The online bookkeeping and SEO services are available from one site. In addition, GoDaddy offers a 30-day guarantee of money back. People looking for premium features, more hosting plans, and fast loading will find it worth considering.
The prominence of DreamHost vs. GoDaddy is:
DreamHost offers shared hosting, VPS, WordPress, and dedicated server plans. It has over 1.5 million sites. It provides only Linux-based plans. DreamHost received the ‘Best Business Host Award’ from PCMag’s in 2014 and 2015. The prominence of DreamHost is with its key features:
- Automatic WP updates, an automatic one-click WP install, and a custom dashboard.
GoDaddy also offers shared hosting, VPS, WordPress, and dedicated server plans. It has nearly 13 million customers. It provides Windows and Linux options for all its hosting plans. It was acquired in 2012 as the ‘Best Company to Work for’ in Fortune 100, and it also was the winner of many best awards that it gained prominence. However, it also became notorious for its divisive ad campaigns. The popularity of GoDaddy is with its key features:
- Private registration ensures protecting from spam and scams, besides keeping private the personal information.
- GeoDomainMap is a tool given to register all domain names available for a region or an area.
- International Domain Names offers registration as .NET/COM/ORG. There are more domain names, and they cover more than 100 native languages that cover Afrikaans to Vietnamese.
Network solutions vs. GoDaddy – which one to choose! With both platforms offering affordable shared hosting plans, you are likely to get confused. Network Solutions provides laser-focused managed security solutions along with dedicated WP (WordPress) hosting services.
They boast of having an uptime of about 99.99%, a bit better than 99.9% of GoDaddy. However, they are known to provide only email and phone support. On the other hand, GoDaddy is considered to be the world’s top domain name registrar. Millions rely on it for their go-to hosting resource. Comparing them will allow you to understand better which one will provide you with a better deal.
Network solutions vs. GoDaddy – Overall Hosting Comparison
It is regarded to be the web hosting industry’s longest surviving brand. It was launched in 1979 and operated initial DNS (Domain Name System) in 1991 for the United States government as a sub-contractor. Later, it started to develop domain registration tools.
It was once considered the sole registrar to offer .net, .com, .org domain names. It also maintained the WHOIS database. Presently, Web.com owns this company and offers cloud-based hosting packages to SMBs. It does serve different types of businesses by providing professional design and DIY site builder services. For email messaging and online marketing, it offers valuable guidance and options.
- Unlimited data transfers and ample disk space
- Unlimited email accounts
- Extensive support offered to program languages
- Free domain name
- 1-click installations offered for popular apps
It is a popular hosting company introducing site owners to the fast-paced web hosting world. You can get an affordable and easy-to-use domain name, hosting registration. Once done, you can develop your personal web property or online business. It offers lots of options for dedicated and virtual servers and shared hosting, email, and domain services.
You can avail of pre-built templates with basic WP offering or upgrade to the advanced WP services. It allows you to derive prompt support to ensure your online store runs smoothly at all times. It also offers a seamless migration process, thus allowing helping your site to scale with the progress made in your business. This hosting platform grows with you. It provides user control options.
Tech-savvy customers can choose between Plesk control panels or cPanel along with root access. It offers an intuitive interface with regards to webmail and provides unlimited email accounts. 256-bit encryption is offered with each email account combined with improved privacy protection. The company emphasizes customer support and claims to have well-trained experts.
They are ready to provide round-the-clock support to customer queries over messages and phone calls. Support ticketing functionality is further enhanced with Website Security and WP Premium Support. They also monitor your server, including other clients who share your server. They assure 99.9% uptime. It offers award-winning support, security, fast loading times, along with free domain registration on annual plans. It is a wonderful choice for small business owners and first-timers.
Network solutions vs. GoDaddy – Dedicated Hosting Comparison
Currently, it does offer such hosting plans.
Their plans feature on-demand resources, managed support options, including Plesk and cPanel’s intuitive user control. Windows and Linux users are also offered a wide range of options, hardware, disk space, processing power, and RAM.
Its dedicated hosting provides full control to customers within a single-tenant environment over their server. For storage, you get the option to choose between high-speed SSDs or high-capacity HDDs. Site owners also can select between the company’s server datacenter based in Europe or the U.S. Available 24/7.
They can assist in troubleshooting issues arising in your server while monitoring server status. It offers anti-hacking services, DDoS protection along with other security add-ons. SSL certificate protection is offered for free for a full year. Company experts will fix bugs and manage security patches for customers availing fully managed to host plans.
Panopta monitoring is offered with dedicated hosting plans for your network services, application, and server. You can effortlessly view system-level and uptime metrics such as storage, RAM, CPU, or establish notifications and alerts. Their customized resource configurations are sure to meet your specific growing needs.
Their support team provides round-the-clock protection to your site from DDoS threats, unexpected downtime, hackers, and malware. You can easily connect with them through their dedicated chat portal or phone lines.
Network solutions vs. GoDaddy – Cheap Hosting comparison
It offers solid plans and is a bit expensive when compared to other hosting providers. It is meant for those who are top-tier affordable hosts. Although they offer unlimited bandwidth and ample storage, getting the best deals beyond entry-level plans might be doubtful. Its 2nd and 3rd-level packages are pricey, while their Premium Plan is about $20 a month.
It supports popular programming languages like Ruby on Rails, JSP, ASP.NET, PHP, etc. For popular applications, it offers lots of single-click installations. Providing 24/7 prompt email and phone support, their shared plan is quite reliable. However, they lack some valuable features.
Its low-cost plans are considered to be a significant pull factor. Most of its plans offer unlimited sites, fast loading times, a control panel, and a free domain name. Setting up a shared hosting plan is equally easy and quick, especially for small business owners, bloggers, and first-timers.
It is possible to select a hosting plan depending on your specific site needs. They provide lots of options for processing power, email, disk space, etc. As your business grows, your site will require dedicated or scalable resources. The qualified team will ensure an easy transition.
Most plans offer unmetered bandwidth and unlimited storage. For upgrades, re-provisioning is not necessary. Dedicated and virtual servers are provisioned within minutes with cPanel and root access. All plans are provided with cPanel user control or Plesk as desired. Hence, installation and establishment of web applications for eCommerce or blogging.
GoDaddy is the best web hosting platform to choose for your site if you are on a budget. They do offer excellent customer service and upgrade their service, website, and server performance. Standard web apps are provided with 1-click installations and cPanel control to ensure smooth site setup and smooth functioning.
Providing round-the-clock DDoS protection and security monitoring, your site will be functional, load quickly as well as be hacker-free. What is desired more from this provider is that each shared plan should be offered a free SSL certificate!
Network solutions vs. GoDaddy – WP Hosting Comparison
It offers solid support to its registered users and has earned a reputation in the industry for being a reliable hosting provider. However, the company’s offered feature list seems to be somewhat short as well as outdated. At first glance, its price tag can be quite challenging.
But it reflects the default rare month-to-month plans that it has on offer. Lower rates can be derived by availing 1-year hosting services for WP hosting. 50 GB of disk space offered is more than sufficient for average WP blog needs. But this hosting provider seems to lag, especially when seeking unlimited offerings.
Most service offerings come with a free domain, but not with all plans. It claims to offer 99.99% uptime reliability, but nothing more on WP-specific perks. Performance and security optimization along with plugins, themes, and installation is entirely your choice.
Better infrastructure, software, and hardware will be desired to become more WP-centric. Their WP plans do offer decent beginner tools combined with solid technical support. However, adding more current features can help offset price rates and enhance ease of use.
It is rather referred to as a champion by those seeking high-impact, low-cost hosting services. They offer lots of features to meet the needs of all WP user levels. The basic shared plans start at about $2.99 a month. Free domain is offered with annual plans and the power to have full control over your site using Plesk or cPanel control panels.
They allow easy and quick installation of the WP environment with a single click without incurring additional costs. CageFS is configured along with its improved cPanel to safeguard content. CloudLinux helps balance the site’s resources.
It allows your WP site to load quickly even after adding it with many products, images, and content material. WP users prefer to choose optimized WP hosting plans as they feature auto-installed SSL certificates, daily malware scans, and backups. You have the option to develop as well as launch unlimited sites by choosing such packages.
If additional resources are desired, you can upgrade your plan automatically. Pro Managed WP Hosting offers users an exciting onboarding experience. Using its 1-click migration tool is quite useful. You can benefit from their daily backups, pre-built sites, auto core updates, and staging environment. For this, you need to configure your free inbuilt caching and CDN. This way, you can enjoy having a picture-perfect WP site.
Network solutions vs. GoDaddy – VPS Hosting Comparison
This hosting platform is aimed at meeting the needs of tech-savvy users. It provides semi-managed, reliable VPS services. However, it is a bit expensive. Each VPS solution offered is backed by its name, excellent uptime, and customer support.
Moreover, Linux distribution is used to develop each plan. It comes with email accounts and ample disk space. Most plans are bundled with a free domain name. Although their entry-level VPS package seems to be somewhat lacking, it comes with useful features like a free SSL certificate and SiteLock security at higher tiers.
Their VPS hosting feature can be termed to be an upgrade from the otherwise shared hosting services. This is because you can access directly to the underlying OS and install applications. Thus, you can enjoy the benefits offered by dedicated web hosting but without huge maintenance or associated hardware costs. Therefore, you can be confident while using the Network Solutions’ VPS services.
This provider is the right choice if you seek a platform that allows your site to grow and scale up effortlessly. Root access impresses web enthusiasts and developers as they can easily install applications, PHP modules, stacks, etc. You can also customize your virtual server to ensure deriving peak performance. For this, you can use your remote desktop or command line.
The plans offered also come with different types of control panels, like Plesk and cPanel. Using an advanced graphical interface, managing your hosting becomes an effortless task. The powerful virtual servers’ boast supporting SSD storage of 40o GB and 32 GB RAM.
Thus, your potential visitors can experience 3x faster page loads. Besides KVM virtualization and unlimited bandwidth, they have global data centers located on 4 continents. You can get to choose from modern OS platforms like Windows Server, Ubuntu, and CentOS. Their knowledgeable executives assure to provide round-the-clock monitoring service to ensure your server is protected from malicious traffic.
Customers are required to patch their OS as desired. With a 24/7 hardware monitoring service provided by GoDaddy professionals combined with snapshots and failover solutions, you will experience reduced downtime. Fully or Semi-VPS accounts are offered with Panopta monitoring, thereby providing the opportunity to enjoy application and network services.
This is achieved through easily configurable notifications and alerts. But web hosting service shoppers might not have this hosting provider in their list when VPS hosting is concerned. But the fact is their virtual server provides 24/7 support, enhanced security, value combination, and trouble-free, fully managed services.
Thus, this hosting provider manages to derive a good reputation in this particular domain. Those not currently interested in availing of a VPS plan can seek the Business Hosting package offered by this hosting company. This plan combines the very best of everything offered. It includes the powerful, amped-up virtual private server along with simplicity and ease of shared hosting.
Network solutions vs. GoDaddy – Conclusion
If you are looking for a service that is backed by reputation and long-time industry presence, then Network Solutions is the winner. But if you are looking for an affordable option, plenty of features and flexibility in plans, then GoDaddy is a perfect choice. It is for you to decide – support and speed offered by GoDaddy or enhanced security and uptime of Network Solutions.
Weebly vs. GoDaddy! Perhaps, you are confused as to which web host provider to select to promote your website. To make the right choice, you need to take into consideration lots of aspects.
It is considered a wonderful platform that is easy to use, offering a wide range of useful tools and features. It also provides a drag & drops design. However, it is its free plan that earns favor from its users. This web host platform can be termed to be cost-effective and also offers quality results. Currently, it boasts of supporting 50+ million websites across the globe.
When Weebly vs. GoDaddy is concerned, many may not be interested in spending precious time shopping, clicking, dragging, and dropping. It is here that the GoDaddy host is found to be favorable. It allows you to develop a website quite fast using its Artificial Design Intelligence (ADI) within minutes. Once you answer a couple of questions, your website is ready to get published.
Weebly vs. GoDaddy: Know the Pros & Cons
- Quite user-friendly
- Well-designed themes
- Offers easy to navigate, beautiful templates
- An excellent platform to work with
- Poor blogging features
- Limited template design customization
- Easy to switch themes very quickly anytime.
- Using ADI offers the best and the quickest way to be online
- It is easy to develop a new site with just a few clicks.
- It helps save precious time and removes all unwanted hassles.
- Lack of creative freedom
- Features lack in-depth, thereby restricting innovation.
Weebly vs. GoDaddy – Useful features to consider
It is necessary to know about the ease of use of each builder. Please get to know the amount of flexibility offered by each platform when using its design tools. Then, identify the platform that offers optimum creative control.
50 templates are offered by Weebly, covering categories like online stores, portfolios, and business. Every theme offered is found to be mobile responsible and appealing on every screen. It offers maximum apps for any platform. But it does not allow you to search any particular industry theme. Rather, you are required to scroll down each category to select the best one. Also, it does not offer the facility to preview the template design on a tablet or mobile.
It uses Artificial Design Intelligence to design websites. You need to answer several questions about the type of site you prefer to have, like business, portfolio, etc. Once done, you can have a ready-to-use website. Moreover, the themes offered are mobile responsive. You are allowed limited creative control, including the facility to update text boxes and edit themes. This host is meant for those seeking to establish their website quickly and not for design lovers.
Hence, Weebly wins the verdict when design flexibility is concerned. It provides 35+ templates that can be personalized as desired. It also offers access to apps in thousands to customize your website. On the other hand, GoDaddy prioritizes speed over appearance, allowing you to create a website quickly but with limited creative control.
Ease of use
There are present numerous site builders who can provide assistance to get easily online. However, some are much easier than others.
For template customization, it uses a drag-&-drop feature to personalize your site. You can get access to lots of apps and install them effortlessly with a single click. It offers quick navigation facilities. It has a well-laid-out editing screen and hence, an amazing introductory web builder.
With its ‘GoCentral’ ADI feature, you can develop a site within minutes and customize it to match your preference. The editing process takes very little time, thus providing a painless, quick experience. Ease-of-use and speed are quite impressive on this platform.
The verdict here with regards to ease-of-use between Weebly vs. GoDaddy is that the latter is preferred. It requires minimal effort to answer a few questions and clicks to develop a site. On the other hand, Weebly is equally easy to use. However, it fails to match the simplicity offered with GoDaddy’s user journey.
Search Engine Optimization helps websites to rank higher on the leading search engines such as Google. It allows people using specific keywords to come across your site effortlessly. It is impossible to enhance site SEO in several ways. Both GoDaddy and Weebly provide the facility to:
- Edit URLs (text present next to your site domain)
- Update descriptions and meta titles (text noticed on Google searches)
- Mobile responsive themes (preferred by Google)
- Add alt text in images (Text describing what the image is about to allow Google to identify the same easily)
It becomes easier for the search engines to index (identify and segment) your site with these functions. They both offer amazing SEO tools. However, Weebly boasts of having an app center to provide you with more assistance. You can also derive guidance with coding and keywords.
So, the competition in the SEO category between Weebly vs. GoDaddy is quite close. However, when compared to GoDaddy, Weebly gets more favor from Google. You can get useful tools from both platforms to make your site rank at the top of the search engines. Weebly allows you to have the upper hand by providing a variety of valuable SEO apps along with helpful user guides.
Tools & Features
It is important to derive a smooth design experience from the website builder. It should offer a wide range of useful tools, apps, and features to streamline online stores or websites. Hence, you need to know which platform offers a better and bigger toolbox!
In this category, Weebly leaves behind GoDaddy. You can easily develop as well as publish posts effortlessly. You can also integrate the RSS feed, search feature, comments section, social bookmarking, etc. In addition, GoDaddy provides you with the opportunity to embed the RSS feed, track its performance, and segment the blog into categories.
To create an online store, Weebly seems to score high and provides value worth the investment. It boasts of having a clear interface, thus making it easier to sell online quickly. However, it does not provide big data tools such as stock inventory management. Moreover, it is meant for small businesses seeking exciting and easy user journeys. But GoDaddy, with its ADI feature, allows quick and hassle-free online store development. You will be able to sell digital products. But the eCommerce features offered lack depth and quality.
Social Media Integration
Both platforms allow you to embed social buttons on your site. However, Weebly provides you with the opportunity to include your social media fees directly within our site. Thus, your visitors can view your posts, tweets, and shares anytime.
‘Weebly Promote,’ a cool service offered by Weebly, allows you to develop successful email campaigns. It provides templates, copies, and schedules emails sent. It is also cost-effective. You can start with a free trial and later can pay $8 a month. GoDaddy also provides the option to develop email campaigns. However, there is no specific tool offered like Weebly.
Weebly claims to offer the most apps. But GoDaddy is yet to enter the app market. With Weebly, you are free to choose from third-party apps available in thousands on the play store. It is possible to install most of them with a single click. Some are offered at a cost, and others for free. Apps cover the main areas like social media, eCommerce, marketing, etc. It can also improve site performance.
Still, Weebly is the clear winner in this category as it offers depth in its features. It also provides social media integration, comprehensive blogging tools, etc.
Value for money & Pricing
No more are you required to spend a fortune on hiring a professional web designer.
You are sure to fall in love with Weebly if you are frugal in your spending. It provides affordable price plans, including a free plan. The premium range starts from $8 a month to about $26 a month. Availing of the free plan, you can develop a beautiful and functional site without any cost. However, it would help if you chose the ‘.weebly’ subdomain that is not quite professional in its look. But your site will experience lots of Weebly ads. So it is worth upgrading for a few bucks a month to make your site appear professional.
GoDaddy is also affordable.
You can choose from 4 paid plans that start at $6.99 a month to about $17.49 a month. Each plan allows you to customize your site using the same tools. However, to develop a professional company site, you will need a Standard or higher plan. With these advanced plans, you will be provided with additional SEO assistance and SSL Certificates. You can opt for the ‘eCommerce plan’ if you plan to start an eCommerce business and sell items online.
In this category also, Weebly is found to have the edge over GoDaddy. They both offer value for money. However, when price plans and features are compared, Weebly is much better as it offers free plans. It also allows you to develop a great-looking site and offers plenty of free apps.
Support & Help
Technology is filled with issues, and you are likely to experience certain issues that have to be resolved quickly. Otherwise, your business will face costly downtime. Hence, you need to look at each builder and find out the levels of support and assistance offered by them.
It provides prompt customer help through live chat, phone, and email support. However, the timings are between 6 am and 6 pm only.
This platform offer 24/7 live chat and phone support option. However, it lacks email support.
Weebly moves ahead of GoDaddy In this section. Both builders offer help centers, phone support, and live chat features. However, GoDaddy fails to offer email support. Moreover, its help center can be termed to be quite confusing and also tough to navigate.
Weebly vs. GoDaddy – FAQs
Q1. Which one is reliable to start an online store?
A. Both GoDaddy and Weebly offer essential features to support a Commerce store. However, Weebly is more favored as they boast of having more advanced eCommerce tools compared to GoDaddy. They also support tiny stores easily. These tools can also be accessed even on free plans. But with GoDaddy, you are to upgrade to a paid plan like the ‘eCommerce plan’ to enjoy these advanced features.
Q2. Can both platforms help develop a multilingual website?
A. Yes! Weebly offers plenty of apps to choose from within its app Center. So you can easily develop multilingual websites effortlessly.
But GoDaddy lacks app integrations. But still, you have the option to change your site language. For this, you need to visit our homepage, choose the preferred language or country.
Q3. Is it possible to use both GoDaddy and Weebly platforms for free?
A. Besides premium plans, Weebly provides free plans. Hence, you can upgrade only if you desire to take your business to the next level. This means it is possible to develop a site without having to spend a cent. But free plans do not allow you to enjoy using the best available features. Moreover, your site is like to be attached with the .weebly.com subdomain.
GoDaddy does not offer free plans. However, you can avail 30-day free trial. Once the trial period is finished, you can upgrade to a paid version to use your site.
Q4. Which is more scalable?
A. For small businesses, Weebly will be favorable as it allows you to expand with your business growth. It provides timely support, lots of SEO tools, and stylish, business-specific themes along with analytics and marketing tools.
But with further business expansion over time, there are chances of your site not getting the desired support from both GoDaddy and Weebly. For example, limited template customization options can be quite disappointing. Moreover, both do not possess essential features to provide support to large online stores.