Bluehost Review Reddit
Website hosting services are like the landlords having internet land that is essential for your website store. It keeps your website running and appears online as your customers type your URL to access it. The number of hosting services is many and also different catering to businesses. You can find web hosting companies as per your business size and model.
Here is a comprehensive Bluehost Review Reddit that will help you know about this hosting service.
What is Bluehost?
Bluehost is a familiar brand and is well-known for its reliability in the hosting industry. This web host is celebrated for its WordPress expertise, offering bargain prices and variety as one-stop-shop services. It has engineers working on the core software of WordPress.
Bluehost Review Reddit confirms it was founded by Matt Heaton and Danny Ashworth in 2003 in Utah. It was acquired by EID (Endurance International Group), a conglomerate, in 2010. They are located officially in Burlington, MA, and host more than 2 million websites. In 2017, EIG announced more than 400 people layoffs.
It is also the time that some negative responses started coming from customers. The support quality was becoming worse. All this happened as EIG started outsourcing support to cheaper companies. However, considering the pricing point, there is no second opinion that Bluehost is the best hosting option as a service provider.
Bluehost Review Reddit: Why is it worthy?
Bluehost is a popular hosting option that recommends WordPress sites for hosting. Founded in 2003, Bluehost is recognized worldwide. The reviews say Bluehost offers excellent uptime of 99.931%.
One such attraction is Bluehost features:
- WordPress Installer as 1-click free option.
- On signing $100 Google Adwords credit for free.
- Unlimited bandwidth and disk space with unlimited email accounts.
- Uptime guarantee of 99.9%
- Unlimited sites with the same hosting account.
- Money-back guarantee for 30 days
- SimpleScripts and cPanel for easy access of file and management
Is Bluehost good a common question from many users? It is because many face technical difficulties such as cPanel down or bad gateways.
Staying in advantage needs Bluehost to look for the user’s technical difficulties as they are not experts or tech-savvy. They rely on Bluehost for technical support, and receiving it will clarify their issues, and Bluehost can enjoy their stand or reputation, as usual.
Bluehost Hosting types of plans
Bluehost offers 6 hosting plans:
- Shared hosting (for people looking for affordable hosting)
- VPS hosting (for people looking for speed and reliability)
- Dedicated hosting (for people looking for high traffic sites)
- WordPress hosting (for people looking for WordPress users)
- Cloud hosting (for people looking for the top-most cloud hosting experience)
- WooCommerce hosting (for people looking for eCommerce)
Shared Hosting: The best thing about shared hosting is t is affordable and easy to start. However, there will be no control over the servers and site performance. It is because many people are sharing the hosting resources with you. The cheapest plan of Bluehost begins per month at $3.95.
There is a big shout regarding this issue about Bluehost servers running slow.
VPS Hosting: Most people use VPS hosting is because of easy access to the root server in a secure environment. It is not cost-effective as shared hosting, though it offers SSD storage that helps you increase the speed of your website. The starting price per month is $19.99.
Dedicated Hosting: Here, one gets great server performance and maximum control. It is costly than other hosting plans. But, it is the right choice if you have a profitable online business or some agency. The starting price per month is $79.99.
WordPress Hosting: A WordPress user can have WordPress fully managed and features such as enhanced cPanel, free SSL certificates, backup options, etc. It is worth considering buying from Bluehost the WordPress hosting. The price begins per month from $19.99.
Cloud hosting: It is faster and simpler, besides being affordable. It is usually the same as the shared hosting cost but gives high speeds. The flip side is you must have adequate knowledge to manage the servers better. The starting price per month is $6.95.
WooCommerce Hosting: You can enjoy secure payments and dedicated support with WooCommerce hosting. It is the best, as per Bluehost Review Reddit for eCommerce business owners. The starting price per month is $6.95.
Precisely, shared hosting is like sharing your apartment with your roommates, and it means there will be a bad and good experience, depending on the person sharing your room. While VPS hosting is to have a small room to enjoy liberty, but the resources are limited. On the other hand, dedicated hosting is to have your own home, enjoy liberty and control everything.
Bluehost Review Reddit reasons to choose Bluehost
There are possibilities that you start wondering if you should go with Bluehost or not. It is because you come across many types of reviews. Yet, it is a must for anyone to consider some of the crucial reasons worth considering.
Ease of use
Bluehost provides the simplest interface, regardless of the users and their hosting plans. No matter if you are a newbie or a tech-savvy, you will use the Bluehost cPanel with ease and manage certain things without looking for assistance, such as:
- Change passwords, manage emails, manage themes, file manager, modify or manage databases, install WordPress, and so on.
More hosting options
Bluehost Review Reddit confirms that Bluehost Company offers more hosting options. The hosting options are so many than you may actually need. It includes advanced hosting such as managed WordPress hosting, shared, VPS, and dedicated server.
The managed WordPress hosting indicates they use WordPress plugins updated, handle security, update the core, and optimize performance. Precisely, they handle technical details.
There are many hosting websites and plenty of outdated or false information on the web relating to marketing tactics. As a result, small business owners can get frustrated knowing they have to spend five figures for digital marketing services. Bluehost is one such option that can be a one-stop-shop for small businesses and newbies.
They offer important digital marketing services at bargain costs, and this is the Bluehost strategy to offer the core part. Bluehost also offers services such as:
- You can create your own or get a design building using easy DIY site builder.
- Advertising, SEO, local business visibility, and social media marketing are possible with Bluehost as it provides marketing professional services and creating content. You can get consultations every month with a marketing professional and see your ROI.
- Email, domains, and helpful tutorials are available to know the website management, marketing topics, and hosting.
Uptime and Performance
Bluehost boasts of its excellent uptime, and the Bluehost Review Reddit has nothing to deny this claim. It offers a clean control panel allowing the creation, functional and attractive pages for businesses. Bluehost is a robust web host meeting the expectations of all sizes and needs. Bluehost mostly offers 99.99% uptime, and it also outdoes by delivering an uptime of 100% occasionally.
Complaints are being received from users regarding the server outages and the slow response from the server team, but outdoing a few complaints are the Bluehost users claiming the company has solid server performance. The best part is that the company permits canceling hosting agreements for downtime reasons and does not ask to charge cancellation fees.
Bluehost has multiple clients, and the users commonly complain of not receiving immediate help. Users complain of no response to phone calls; there is no 24 hours service. In reality, Bluehost has a long list of clients is known, and the calls sometimes take longer to reach. But, it does not ask anyone to be an expert. Their customer service takes care of individuals, but beginners who require help to fix issues are a must for Bluehost to assist.
CPanel (Control Panel)
The control panel is the place to manage everything relating to the hosting of your website and its accounts. It includes hosting the domain name and its management, transfers or renewals, payments or billing, inbox configuration, or email address.
Bluehost has a control panel coming in shared packages. It is an enhanced and customized version that is easy to use. The cPanel redesign makes it more intuitive, facilitating the user.
- Managing the services is simple. It means you can avail a unified login such that you can access your Bluehost accounts using one username and password. It allows integrating with the help features of Bluehost, and you can enjoy the technical support resources, easy scalability and upgrades, email management features, and full-featured domain. All these allow you to alter or make changes to your hosting, and it supports your website.
- Email creation. No matter what you do; a business website or a blog. If you need to run it, you need an email platform. The advantage with Bluehost as its basic plan also permits creating up to 5 email accounts, and you get to have unlimited email addresses with its other hosting plans.
- Site speed. A good loading speed is the attraction of any website. Bluehost has the specialty of offering good site loading speed, besides providing customer support 24/7/365 and the WordPress website launches. For a computationally demanding site, there is a need for an advanced pro plan offering high-performance servers. Nothing can indeed beat Bluehost, and it is affirmed as the truth by Bluehost Review Reddit.
- Cloudflare CDN. The eCommerce owners look for fast page loading and it is essential for their business. If their pages load slowly, they will result in low conversion, high bounce rates, and loss. Bluehost comes as a savior with Cloudflare integration offering CDN (content delivery network), or the network servers store the cached versions of your website. It means when someone navigates through your site, the browser acquires the content from the CDN that is at the nearest point. Thus the time is reduced for the data to travel; thereby, the site loading times are fast. Short distance ensures shorter travel time.
Backups and Security
Bluehost performs network monitoring 24/7 on the servers and uses SiteLock to scan the website daily for malware and viruses.
Bluehost claims about offering complimentary backups for customers. It is said to get created weekly, daily, and monthly. The backups are not assured, but they do create and manage backups says, Bluehost Review Reddit. However, Bluehost recommends using cPanel to access Site Backup, a third-party software tool.
Opting for dedicated servers means you get support as Raid Level 1. In addition, it means mirroring your data to multiple disks. Thus, it increases the security and reliability of data.
- Ensure the website security by going out. Bluehost offers the liberty to take security measures of your choice. Create password-protected directories, IP address blacklists, manage digital certificates and private keys, and create filters for users and email accounts, and more. For your website security, it is best to have your daily backups as additional security. Though, Bluehost claims to offer website security and daily backups.
- Extensive online support is available through the Bluehost support portal. It tries to adjust its shortcomings through the support portal by including video tutorials, how-to guides, articles on web hosting topics, and FAQs.
- Contacting the Bluehost team for a better response is the fastest way of resolving issues. It is also the only way to reach the Bluehost team. The sales team assists potential customers with general inquiries.
- The technical support team readily offers support-related questions, and the team of account management handles billing inquiries to account verifications and the terms of service.
Bluehost Review Reddit confirms the to-day money-back guarantee. However, it is a must to read the terms and conditions as they are not straightforward. You receive a promotional hosting price on signing up, and it applies only for the first term and changes to the standard pricing on the first term completion.
WP Engine vs. Bluehost: Which One Is Right For You?
Comparing WP Engine vs. Bluehost will give you a better idea of which hosting provider to select for your WP (WordPress) website. WP Engine is considered to among the top managed WP hosts in the domain. On the other hand, Bluehost has managed to earn a name in the industry by providing affordable plans. Both providers are found to take different approaches when WP hosting is concerned.
It could be that you are planning to choose between regular and shared hosting plans. If so, it becomes important to understand each provider’s offer to derive the benefits. Higher cost does not necessarily mean that you will get superior quality services. Hence, it is crucial to know the price points.
If you are seeking starter plans, then go through certain details of the provider. It should include ease of use, features offered, customer support, performance, and the price charged on their plans and additional services. But many find WP Engine’s services to be a bit better when compared to Bluehost, although their starting prices are a bit higher.
Bluehost is the favorite choice if you are eager to derive a cost-effective web hosting solution. But if you are ready to pay the price and seek top-notch performance, then WP Engine is the perfect choice to make.
WP Engine vs. Bluehost – Ease of Use
When hosting panels are concerned, Bluehost is known to provide user-friendly options. Moreover, its panel is quite easy to navigate. Therefore, you will be able to access your WP sites effortlessly simply with the click of a button. Moreover, Bluehost installs WordPress automatically, thus helping to ease your efforts.
However, they do not assist with site migration. It means, if you desire to move your site to the shared plan of Bluehost, then you are to do it on your own. Otherwise, you are to bear additional expenses on Site Transfer service amounting to $149.99.
Even WP Engine is not known to provide its clients with human migration services. However, it provides you with a dedicated plug-in to automate most processes on your behalf. Unfortunately, with several managed WP hosts ready to manage your migrations, the one offered by WP Engine can be a bit negative.
Moreover, the dashboard of WP Engine is not that streamlined when compared to Bluehost. But you do get easy and quick access to advanced functionality. It is also easy to navigate.
In short, WP Engine does provide plenty of options to choose from to micromanage your site with its hosting panel. Although a good thing, it means you can derive a better learning curve. This hosting provider also enjoys an edge over Bluehost on the functionality aspect. This is a wonderful feature after registering for the plan, especially if you have some knowledge of managing sites.
WP Engine vs. Bluehost – Know the features
Bluehost provides its customers with various services, including dedicated, shared hosting plans, and VPS (virtual private servers). They also provide managed and regular WP hosting plans. WP Engine is known to specialize in offering managed WP hosting services.
- Staging as well as production environments
- Startup plan helps support up to one website
- 24/7 Live chat support (Growth Plan including advanced ones offer phone option)
- Nightly automated backups
- Automatic SSL certificates are offered for free to help secure your website and to derive green padlock.
- Integrated CDN (Content Delivery Network)
- All plans come with multiple add-ons (including Multisite support and auto plug-in updates)
- Genesis Framework offered without any additional charge, along with 35+ Genesis child themes.
Bluehost (Regular WP hosting plans)
- Free domain offered for one year from the date of registration.
- Its Basic plan, along with ‘Unlimited’ ones in higher tiers, is designed to support one site.
- Auto WP updates and installation
- SSD storage of 50 GB (higher tiers offered with unlimited bandwidth and storage)
- 24/7 Live chat support
- Free SSL Certificate
- Easy access is offered in all plans to staging functionality.
The shared hosting services offered by Bluehost do not provide much by default like that of WP Engine. This is especially when the price difference is taken into consideration. However, Bluehost claims to provide staging functionality, something other budget WP hosts fail to offer. Their deal also includes free domain registration, thus helping Bluehost to have the edge over WP Engine.
WP Engine vs. Bluehost – Customer Support
Both providers boast of providing a wide knowledge base to those who seek it to get instant help. Thus, you can deal with issues arising with your site. But the WP engine’s knowledge base is found to have more depth. Moreover, it tends to help WP users by providing support documents in hundreds.
Overall support rating enjoyed by WP Engine is 4.69 out of 5 while Bluehost is behind at 3.42 for 5.
Hence, WP Engine support staff is found to be much better equipped to manage WP-related issues. This is because this provider has its entire business developed around WordPress. In contrast, Bluehost provides different hosting plan types to choose from.
WP Engine vs. Bluehost – Performance
Generally, it is the performance and features that the biggest gaps are noticed among shared and managed WP hosts. Providing integrated CDN features, WP Engine claims to offer fast loading times and considers it to be their main USP. This provider does take a good lead over its competitor when performance is concerned. Bluehost falls behind in the race even after the price factor is taken into consideration.
As a thumb rule, you will not like to have your site take 2+ seconds to load irrespective of its complexity. Also, the web host time should be perfect. Both providers managed to score 100% in this area.
Performance is undoubtedly critical for the success of any website. However, as both hosts enjoy deriving perfect scores when uptime is concerned, loading time matters. Here, WP Engine is found to take the lead over Bluehost.
WP Engine vs. Bluehost – Value worth the money
Although managed hosting is considered to be the most preferred choice among site owners, it is quite expensive.
WP Engine cannot be termed to be a budget-friendly hosting choice. The base plan it offers to its clients is charged at $20 monthly. Moreover, it supports only one site. But on annual payments, you can derive a two-month discount, thus saving some precious money. Prices tend to scale rather quickly with WP Engine.
Bluehost, as expected, provides significant value worth your investment. You can enjoy hosting unlimited sites simply by paying an amount of $5.45 a month. Thus, it can be safely said that Bluehost belongs to those seeking host options within their budget.
But it is here that things might get a bit complicated. If you have availed of hosting services before, then the prices exhibited might not be the ones you tend to pay. Registering for a 3-year contract with Bluehost will enable you to avail yourself of just the sticker price. Their Basic plan requires you to shelve an upfront amount of $106.20.
Besides this, Bluehost does not provide any monthly billing. Therefore, 12 months is rather the shortest period allowed to register. This means their Basic plan is charged at $59.40 annually. Although it might sound that you are paying a lot, it is almost equivalent to 2months of the Startup tier offered by WP Engine.
WP Engine vs. Bluehost – Pros & Cons
They provide custom inbuilt caching with a highly optimized environment on their managed WP plan. They also offer regular backups, updates combined with powerful hosting solutions.
- Reliability: Proprietary technology of WP Engine can easily manage traffic spikes without slowing your site or experiencing downtime.
- Advanced features: Agencies, businesses, and developers alike can benefit from the advanced features offered. It includes transferable installs, GIT version control, 1-click staging sites, etc.
- Daily Backup: All plans offered by this provider come with daily backup.
- Free Themes: StudioPress offers all accounts with thirty premium WP themes. It is indeed a great option for all WP users.
- Speed: Their EverCache promises to provide server-level caching just about for everything. It includes CDN for faster load times.
- Expensive: When compared to shared hosting platforms, WP Engine is a bit more expensive. If you can afford their services, then you can derive value worth the investment.
- Blocked Plugins: The WP plugins list that they possess is not accessible to be downloaded onto your website. Such plugins either conflict or are found to be incompatible with current WP Engine features.
They offer low-priced shared hosting plans, which are a major selling point. Small businesses and beginners with a limited budget can find their plans quite affordable.
- Ease of use: Their hosting control panel is considered the most beginner-friendly in the domain. Installing WordPress is super easy, requiring just a click of a button. Even website management is equally easy.
- Lower costs: Their entry-level plan is available at a low price. Hence, it is the right choice for bloggers, small businesses, personal sites, and other website types.
- Free SSL + CDN: They provide free CDN enabling your site to enjoy greater speed and fast loading time. Free SSL Certificate is offered with all plans to enhance site security.
- Free Domain: You get a domain name, absolutely free, thereby saving precious money.
- Site Speed: Bluehost does perform exceptionally well. WP caching plugins can be installed quickly to enhance speed further.
- Dev Tools + Staging Sites: Their plans include auto WP updates, staging site setup, SFTP access, and provision to change existing PHP versions with ease.
- Upselling add-ons: During signup, you are likely to experience plenty of upselling, which can be frustrating. You can skip the advanced products as you will not require them during the initial days.
High rates to renew domain: Once your free domain period is expired, you must renew it the following year. But the renewal prices are a bit higher than what is offered by other providers. However, for most businesses, it does not affect immediately but can be something that you should be wary about.
WP Engine vs. Bluehost – Which provider to choose?
It is mostly the price that determines whether to take shared or managed WP hosting plans. Managed hosting is undoubtedly much better. First, however, you need to find out if you require the additional firepower and features that WP Engine offers.
It could be that you have just launched a small project or a new personal site and do not expect many visitors. In such a case, paying for a web hosting plan that is charged $20 monthly is not worth it. As a result, you will not benefit from such expensive plans and will not require so many features during the initial years of its launch.
But, if you plan to monetize your site and can afford the money, you should choose a better hosting provider from the start.
WP Engine vs. Bluehost – Conclusion
It is indeed quite difficult to compare WP Engine vs. Bluehost. However, focusing on the shared hosting plans of both providers, you tend to get value worth your money. Bluehost provides some interesting features like staging functionality access. However, it fails to match other managed hosting plans.
On the other hand, WP Engine promises to offer blazing-fast performance along with advanced functionality. However, you need to pay a premium to avail such interesting features. Their managed hosting plans can be termed to be a wise investment if you require advanced features and have the money to spend.
Hence, the platform to choose for your WP site is entirely based on your site requirements and budget in hand.
Namecheap vs. Bluehost: Which one is Right For Me?
It could be that you are planning to get a hosting provider. Namecheap vs. Bluehost! You may have come across these two companies. It is important to select the best one. But with both offering quality features, it is quite natural for you to get confused with the selection process. You need to make a thorough comparison between both and understand the features properly. Only then should you go ahead with finalizing the provider to meet your specific needs and budget.
Namecheap vs. Bluehost – the features
Both are considered well-established companies, having earned a name in the hosting and domain name spheres. However, when compared with Namecheap, Bluehost enjoys more popularity among users. Recently, Namecheap has shifted its focus towards becoming a leader as one of the top domain name registrars. Presently, it offers its users numerous enhanced hosting packages at affordable rates.
Both companies are found to sell a wide range of shared hosting packages. In addition, it incorporates a variety of appropriate themes designed exclusively for WordPress.
Namecheap vs. Bluehost – Know the features
- Namecheap: This company offers its users both managed and shared WordPress (WP) hosting plans. The features provided with shared hosting plans are as follows:
- For the initial year of purchase, you get a free .site domain name.
- Single click WordPress Installation process through Softaculous app installer.
- Unmetered bandwidth – 1,000 GB
- Unlimited sites, excluding the Stellar plan, are considered to be the cheapest ones. For example, you get 30 email accounts, 20 GB of SSD disk space, and 3 hosted sites with this plan.
- Backups (top-tier plans come with auto backups)
- 100 percent uptime guarantee
- Free SSL Certificate
- Free site migration (This feature is something not offered by Bluehost)
- All shared hosting packages are offered with Spam Experts without any additional charges.
- It also provides free site transfer, something not offered by Bluehost.
- It offers various hosting types like reseller, VPS, shared, email hosting, WP hosting & dedicated servers.
- cPanel feature
- Auto backups
- Free CDN is offered with certain WP hosting plans only.
- 30 days money-back guarantee
If you desire to avail of additional WP-specific features, check out EasyWP, a managed WP service provided by Namecheap.
- Bluehost: This hosting company provides both managed and shared WP hosting plans. When shared WP hosting is concerned, the following are the features offered:
- Unmetered bandwidth – 1 TB
- Free domain name offered in the initial year of purchase
- Free SSL Certificate
- Unlimited storage and sites (excluding Basic plans)
- Easy WP staging sites
- Automatic WP updates
- Automatic WP installs
- Offers 5 email accounts, 50GB SSD disk space, and 1 hosted site
- It offers different hosting types like dedicated servers, eCommerce hosting, WP hosting, VPS, and shared hosting.
- Auto backups
- cPanel feature
- Offers free CDN
- Free site migration is not offered
- 30 days money-back guarantee
The shared plans do come with numerous valuable WP features and tools. But managed WP hosting plans will be suitable if you desire advanced WP hosting options. Namecheap provides more valuable freebies, while Bluehost provides lots of storage space.
Namecheap vs. Bluehost – User Experience
This is the next aspect that you should take into consideration after getting to know about the features offered.
It is considered to be user-friendly. When compared to Bluehost, it tends to offer a bit different experience. On establishing an account with this provider, you will be able to view and manage your assigned account, hosting plans, and domains. All these features will be present in your dashboard. It would help if you used the Softaculous App Installer present in the cPanel to create a new site.
This installer is easy to use. However, it cannot be compared with that of Bluehost WP installation. Hence, as a beginner, you should keep this aspect in mind. WP will be installed with the freely available W3 Total Cache plug-in. This helps enhance your website’s loading time. But no start-up menu or wizard is offered with Namecheap like that of Bluehost.
Website migration service is one primary user-friendly feature offered by Namecheap. For example, you might be the owner of an existing website that another web host hosts. If so, then Namecheap will help move this website on your behalf without any additional charge. But, again, it is something not offered by Bluehost.
It is considered to be extremely user-friendly. It claims to have an intuitive inbuilt dashboard along with easy access to the cPanel feature if desired. Furthermore, WP has installed automatically without you having to do anything in WP shared hosting plans. Thus, setting up a new site can be extremely easy, quick, and fun-filled. There is present a Bluehost menu in the new WP installation. It is designed to help streamline your site design and setup process. Using this menu feature, you can do the following:
- Manage menus
- Create blog posts & pages
- Activate caching
- Establish staging area
- Install WooCommerce
Bluehost also offers a wide range of plugins and themes to purchase depending on your preference and needs. However, even beginners can find it easy to use Bluehost to develop a new website.
Therefore, when user experience is concerned, especially for beginners, Bluehost is a perfect choice. It is equally beneficial for those who are seeking a user-friendly hosting plan. But this does not mean that Namecheap offers a poor user experience. On the contrary, most customers opt for this provider as it suits them fine. However, it just does not live up to Bluehost standards.
Namecheap vs. Bluehost – Support
When customer support is concerned, both companies offer top-quality services. They both have comprehensive knowledge-based, having lots of ready-to-use tutorials and articles. You can use them for troubleshooting the majority of the problems that you might face when using them.
Namecheap also offers round-the-clock live support and ticketed email support, while Bluehost provides 24/7 live chat and phone support. Since Namecheap lacks phone support, Bluehost can be termed to be a better selection.
However, the live chat support services offered by both companies are quite impressive.
Namecheap vs. Bluehost – Performance
It is crucial to select a reputed hosting provider that ensures fast loading and performs exceptionally well. Hence, you need to compare this feature in both companies to make the right selection. For test purposes, you can establish new sites having fresh WP installations.
Then use Pingdom to test their loading times. Pingdom is a popular tool used for speed tests in WP. Bluehost does not offer a clear uptime guarantee. They offer a 99% uptime guarantee with frequent downtime. But Namecheap offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee with reports of minimal downtimes. Although Bluehost boasts of having servers installed in the United States, it is here that the slowest loading speeds had been found. Namecheap has servers installed in the UK as well as the US.
It does offer exceptional performance across the globe. Its low downtime and impressive loading speeds are what make it the most favored hosting provider among users. This shows that Namecheap fares well when compared to Bluehost while providing consistent faster load times.
Namecheap vs. Bluehost – Security
When protection is concerned, you will end up paying more with Bluehost than Namecheap. This is because both companies use DDoS protection to secure their servers.
Although they provide several valuable security features, they are either paid add-ons or bundled with expansive plans. The additional features offered include Protection + Domain Privacy. Availing this feature helps you to stay protected from phishing attacks, spam, and identity theft. The other features offered are spam protection, CodeGuard for site daily backups, and SiteLock for malware protection.
This provider has standardized its security features with all the plans offered. Its account security feature includes custom password recovery and custom security notifications. In addition, dynamic support PINs are offered to help your account from all unauthorized attempts. Domain Lock is another standard feature offered quite similar to that of Protection + Domain Privacy feature of Bluehost. To secure its accounts, it also supports 2FA (Two-Factor Authentication).
When security features are concerned, both the providers do offer enhanced protection. However, with Bluehost, you will be charged extra for deriving such protection features, while Namecheap offers them with all its plans.
Namecheap vs. Bluehost – Pricing
This is another area that needs to be understood thoroughly. Hosting price is undoubtedly one of the major determining factors. Both companies do offer a variety of interesting and affordable plans. However, they both differ somewhat in promotional deals and price points offered.
The entry-level package offered by this company is approximately $2.88 a month. But if you opt for an annual contract, the initial term amount to pay will be just $1.44. Then, the plans renew automatically at $2.88. This company also offers to pay monthly options. Namecheap can be a wonderful option if you lack the budget and are not interested in paying the full upfront amount.
It is considered to be the cheapest shared WP hosting plan available. For the Basic plan, you need to shelve $2.75. Registering for the 36-month payment plan will allow you to derive more benefits from this option. Once you sign up, you will pay the total amount in full amounting to about $99. On the expiry of the three-year term, the plan renews automatically at $7.99 monthly.
Bluehost offers a free domain with its hosting service. However, Higher-tier plans come with more benefits. Signing for such plans allows you to benefit by deriving features like domain privacy protection, site backup, and Spam Experts. You can also buy them as an add-on provided with Plus and Basic plans.
Both the companies offer initial terms quite similar in the price range. But for flexible payment modes, including lower renewal prices, you should opt for Namecheap. In addition, some similarities can be noticed in the shared hosting offerings of both companies.
Both the hosting providers are known to offer a thirty-day money-back guarantee, thus providing you with peace of mind. They also offer free SSL Certificates in all their plans, including free domain names combined with first-year annual subscriptions. Bluehost is cheap. However, Namecheap is cheaper and offers value worth the investment made.
Namecheap vs. Bluehost – Which one to select?
Both the companies do have lots of features and benefits to offer to their registered users. Hence, it would help if you were very careful with your selection process.
Why select Namecheap?
This company is known to offer affordable hosting packages while allowing you to pay monthly. Hence, if low price is your main selection criteria, this host will be a great selection. It can also be a good choice if you cannot pay a large upfront fee at the time of registration.
This company also boasts of offering its users a free site migration service combined with a 100% uptime guarantee. Both the features are important when signing up for a new host. However, it is something not offered by Bluehost. Moreover, when site loading times are concerned, Namecheap is found to have outperformed Bluehost.
Why select Bluehost?
This hosting provider is worth the selection if you emphasize user-friendly tools or are a beginner. Its inbuilt WP installation and intuitive dashboard are sure to suit your specific needs perfectly. This is a wonderful plan if you seek unlimited hosting resources like unmated storage, bandwidth along with unlimited domains and sites. But you need to select either Choice Plus or Plus plans to access such advanced features. These packages for a 3-year term start at about $5.45/monthly.
The above comparison shows which hosting provider you need to choose for your business. Bluehost is undoubtedly the most favored one for the majority of WordPress users. This is because of its support options, improved performance, and ease of use. When the price is concerned, Namecheap is quite affordable when compared to Bluehost. It also provides lifetime free privacy protection with regards to its domain services. However, Bluehost charges for the same.